Jaguar Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Does sound like a badly fitted screen. Or is it the original screen with some perished seal?

Reminds me of a member on here a few years ago who had a sneaky leak from a badly fitted replacement screen that led to massive electrical damage, massive repairs and a car that never got completely reliable again.

·
Registered
12,126 Posts
Hi guys, just a quick update, last night we had rain and boy did we have rain right through until this morning. I just went out to check the status of the issue and the passenger well is bone dry, not a single drop so the tape is doing the trick, as I say it cant be seen as it is black so I am now 110% moved to apply that clear seal when we get the next dry day. So, this is not a screen seal issue as suggested, it is a seal between the screen and the scuttle housing cover. Its a really poor design fault that has angst so many owners, I am so relieved that my car is now water tight, its been a huge concern to me for 2 weeks now.
Not read the thread properly, but I posted sometime back about when I had my windscreen replaced the fitter dragged the guide pin through the 'glue', thus allowing water into the passenger side............

Another replacement windscreen fitted very carefully sorted the issue

Sent from BLUE heaven!

·
Registered
18,733 Posts
Hi Rick. Long time, no see.

·
Registered
12,126 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have 2014 sportbrake bought from Stratstone 14 months ago and had the same problem with water in the passenger footwell, I ahev now solved the problem, if anyone would like a resolve let me know as it is a VERY annoying issue.
I have the same problem, and it got into the ECU under the passengers seat and it burnt out, have had to buy a replacement, at a cost of £770.00, and £150.00 to have it programmed to my car, but have taken it out as I still can’t solve the waterproblem,so if you could help, it would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Paul watson

41 - 46 of 46 Posts