Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
2013 2.2 Sportsbrake
By chance I noticed this evening that water was dripping onto the front passenger footwell.
I removed the small panel behind and underneath the glovebox and it seems to be dripping down the side of the pollen filter housing. Took the filter out and it is dry except for just around the foam seal.
Also took the plastic panel off from in front of the windscreen but couldn't see anything obvious. The windscreen looks to be the original.
We had a light shower this evening and the water seems to be clear indicating its rain water. I haven't noticed anything before since getting the car in November.
Does anyone have experience of this or advice as to where water might be getting in?

Founder member
Paul is the water expert

W

it was a well know problem in older jag models from the glove compartment dumping fluid on to passangers footwell, sorry ac pipe corrosion problems

Administrator
Blocked scuttle/plenum drains? Also known to happen.

If the pollen filter is soaking wet that is a big clue.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Checked the pollen filter and it's wet at its lower edge only. Nowhere else is wet inside the car. Just the passenger side footwell almost directly under the bonnet release.
How can I unblock thr premiums drains?

Administrator
From memory, the car needs to be on a lift.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
After heavy rain, the carpet was soaked so I guess it has to be a blocked drain.
Took the scuttle cover off and having previously removed the pollen filter, I could see right inside the car from above. Is that correct? I could see some water around the pollen filter housing. Directly underneath the the scuttle cover, there is a small black plastic cover, which looks like it covers lots of electrical stuff behind the airbag assembly but I couldn't get that out as there is not enough room to move it. Hence I couldn't see in there properly as its so jammed packed with stuff inside the scuttle.
So in the meantime, I'm keepingethe car covered and its booked into my local garage on Tuesday so they can take a look. All very worrying as I'd hate to think of the consequences if the electrics get water damaged.

Registered
I have exactly the same water ingress problem with my 2012 XF. The front passenger carpet is soaking with water after a downpour of rain and appears to be come from the pollen filter housing. I presume there must be a blocked drain but cannot work out where it is - the XF workshop manual contains no info.
As per WiltsXF identical problem I'm surprised that after removing the scuttle cowl I can see a square open hole in the bulkhead leading directly into the back of the pollen filter housing so that rainwater entering the scuttle can pour straight into the pollen filter housing. I expected to see a deflector plate of some sort over the open hole to prevent water entry but there is nothing there at all.
I'd really appreciate any help to resolve this urgent problem.

Registered
Hi, I have 2014 sportbrake bought from Stratstone 14 months ago and had the same problem with water in the passenger footwell, I ahev now solved the problem, if anyone would like a resolve let me know as it is a VERY annoying issue.

Registered
Why not just share the information on the forum - it is what the forum is about!

Registered
It is not a pollen filter issue at all, its such a simple fix guys. If you like text me on 07421241258
Why not just share the information on the forum - it is what the forum is about!
Exactly. If you're willing and able to post on the forum, why do we need to text you?

Sent from my Nexus 10 and an XJ Portfolio. . . 鈽

Firm Rampant Member

Registered
Anyone willing to dial it? :eek:

Sent from my Nexus 10 and an XJ Portfolio. . . 鈽

Firm Rampant Member
Yeh...on a stolen phone.

Super Moderator
Best avoided boys, watching him though ;)

Firm Rampant Member
1 - 20 of 46 Posts