Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - bought a 2013 XF S about 3-4 months ago - Everything has been perfect up to last week. Came out to use the car in the morning (everything fine night before) and keyless entry wouldn't work for the boot. Tried to start the car and 2 error messages came up - "Check Pedestrian System" and "Blind-spot Monitor unavailable". The car wouldn't start, it did briefly for about 2 seconds and then cut out again.

I called Jag Assist, they turned up and the guy spent about an hour trying different things, before admitting defeat and called a tow truck. It's now 10 days later, I have had 2 calls from the Jag garage (Chester) to say they found water on the fuse box and needed to order a new one. Then I had a call today to say they fitted the new fuse box but found water elsewhere so it had to go to the main bodyshop in Warrington to check over.

Has anyone else come across this before?

Obviously I'm a little concerned that I have just bought a car that's having issues already and hope that once this is fixed, its not going to happen again and cause me future issues! Can anyone tell me what were to happen if they couldn't fix it? It's under manufacturers warranty for another 18 months or so, so would Jag replace or would it have to go through my insurance?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish I could tell you - I'm not that clued up on the mechanics of cars so just accepted "fuse box" as an explanation. They said they were still having issues with opening the boot before the new one was fitted if that helps?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
There is a fuse box in the boot so it could be that one they are talking about, but i thought that the problem with water leaking into the boot had been cured

·
Registered
10,194 Posts
It's not unknown for the rear window or wheel arch area not to be sealed properly and so not watertight. It has been discussed on here and at least one member has suffered this. Once a new fusebox has been fitted, dried out and sealed you should be fine.

·
RIP Tony, member number 7
5,839 Posts
I recall reading a similar post a year or two ago re water in the fuse box...Stig remembers the tale better than me as he referred to it in another thread a few weeks ago...but I recall the cause of the leak being a faulty/degraded front windscreen bonding agent...ie the windscreen was leaking...I`ll try and see if I can find Stigs post from a week or two ago to confirm

·
RIP Tony, member number 7
5,839 Posts

·
Founder member
9,395 Posts
I'm surprised I didn't get water in mine this morning. All of the roads are under at least 2 inches of water.

Could have done with a highways officer to help me through it all.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I'm surprised I didn't get water in mine this morning. All of the roads are under at least 2 inches of water.

To Busy!!

·
Administrator
27,853 Posts
Welcome garthacre. Sorry I can't do much to help as the fault you describe is pretty impossible to diagnose over the 'net. Hope your dealership comes up trumps, and soon. Have they put you into a decent loaner?

·
Administrator
26,002 Posts

He was parked up reading that new book he's bought by James Clavell.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I've had 2 new fuse boxes, hopefully the back screen is sealed properly now as no gremlins for a while.
The second time it happened the Jaguar roadside tech cleaned up all the terminals to get me going temporarily.
I park on a sideways slope, driver side down, and wonder if this might be significant to this problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I've got a 2016 XF which I've had from new and only just found a HUGE amount of water in the boot where the battery and fuse box are. No idea how long it's been there. Have previously had problems with water collecting in the rear drivers door which now seem to have resolved after two trips to the Jag garage in Warrington. Now really worried I'm going to be charged a fortune by the Jag garage to sort this out when it seems it is likely to have been a manufacturing problem. Advice anyone? I'm wondering about taking it to a non dealership garage to get it sorted if I'm going to get stung by the Jag garage saying it's out of warrantee and they've already said water ingress is rarely covered by warrantee anyway.

·
Super Moderator
20,029 Posts
Hi, I've got a 2016 XF which I've had from new and only just found a HUGE amount of water in the boot where the battery and fuse box are. No idea how long it's been there. Have previously had problems with water collecting in the rear drivers door which now seem to have resolved after two trips to the Jag garage in Warrington. Now really worried I'm going to be charged a fortune by the Jag garage to sort this out when it seems it is likely to have been a manufacturing problem. Advice anyone? I'm wondering about taking it to a non dealership garage to get it sorted if I'm going to get stung by the Jag garage saying it's out of warrantee and they've already said water ingress is rarely covered by warrantee anyway.
The water is most likely coming in through the seal on the rear vents. Seen here on the right. There is one on each side.

I like many others also had the issue.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
The water is most likely coming in through the seal on the rear vents. Seen here on the right. There is one on each side.

I like many others also had the issue.

2016 is going to be X260 isn't it, do they have the same vent set up?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Holy thread revival batman!

Reactions: BrianRC
1 - 20 of 22 Posts