Jaguar Forum banner
101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,288 Posts
People cashing in on the current high used car prices.

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
It looks like your car is turning into an investment Chris.

·
Super Moderator
30,288 Posts
It looks like your car is turning into an investment Chris.
Unlikely with the mileage. I reckon mine is the highest in the world.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
They’ll be a stratus grey saloon for sale shortly at this rate.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
You and me both. I’m only a few k down on you I think.

I’ve more than doubled the mileage in the 3 years I’ve had it but I bought it to drive it so I’m not bothered.

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
It's reaching that age where condition is more important that mileage. Are you still putting miles on it now that you've got the iPace?

·
Super Moderator
30,288 Posts
It's reaching that age where condition is more important that mileage. Are you still putting miles on it now that you've got the iPace?
Due to COVID I've not put anywhere near the same amount of miles I had done in previous years. It's still up to 70k miles. The I-PACE has helped but that's on a 8k contract so need to watch that.

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Due to COVID I've not put anywhere near the same amount of miles I had done in previous years. It's still up to 70k miles. The I-PACE has helped but that's on a 8k contract so need to watch that.
It's only 10K over average mileage!

·
Super Moderator
30,288 Posts
It's only 10K over average mileage!
Average for what though? An XF, an estate car? Not an XFR-S surely? I mostly seem them advertised below 30k miles.

It's partly why I believe that first one that sold recently didn't go for more money.

·
Super Moderator
30,288 Posts
Look at E63 Estates the same sort of age. All are much lower mileage than mine.

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
I can’t remember what you paid for it, but the depreciation must be pretty low considering the miles you’ve added?

·
Super Moderator
30,288 Posts
I can’t remember what you paid for it, but the depreciation must be pretty low considering the miles you’ve added?
I paid £47k, plus the finance @7.7%. It has just over 20k miles when I bought it in 2017.

·
Registered
6,395 Posts
They’ll be a stratus grey saloon for sale shortly at this rate.
Just think carefully what you’d replace it with with more than 2 seats 😉

I didn’t btw and bought 2 seats. 🤣

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Just think carefully what you’d replace it with with more than 2 seats

I didn’t btw and bought 2 seats.
I wouldn’t actually sell up unless I really had to, if and when the time comes I’ve got my eyes on a GL/GLS63 as I’d need more seats rather than less lol.

I can’t believe how dated the interiors are on those though, 2015 car looks older inside than my 2013 car.

Reactions: Shrek

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
My XFR has more miles on it then most that I see for sale as it's currently sitting on 83k. 10 minutes after I collected it, it ticked over 70k miles.

When I was looking I wanted 30-40k but I also wanted a really high spec one. As I spend more time inside it I compromised on the mileage and bought a high spec one and in doing so saved some money too as low mileage ones were touching 30k at the time. It's still under JLR warranty and it's been a fantastically reliable car after my teething problems so the mileage doesn't bother me at all.

Some of the best cars I've had have had higher mileages on them. My 3.0 HDI Citroen C6 has 147k on it and has been faultless in the time I've had it.

David.

Reactions: Ianf and ChrisSB

·
Super Moderator
30,288 Posts
Reactions: Ianf and dhallworth
101 - 120 of 120 Posts