Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 8 months with my 2009 Caravelle I fell in love with it. I have started to use it every day and felt it was missing a few contemporary features. When I received a good offer for my Velle I decided to sell it and buy a newer, bit more recent Velle with LED headlights, DSG, infotainment with carplay, adaptive cruise control, Lane assist, adaptive suspension, heated seats, foldable mirrors ( was a big miss in a van of this size!) and power latching side doors ( jaguar call it soft close, don t need to slam the door anymore).

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Practical is essential with children. To the point I don’t know why vans are not the main choice of families. The I-pace feels like a smart car in comparison.

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
Practical is essential with children. To the point I don’t know why vans are not the main choice of families. The I-pace feels like a smart car in comparison.
Try going to/around Newquay then Mattia.. the problem is that the 'blonde frizzy's ' have no idea how wide the vehicle really is(n't).. can't reverse and haven't got a clue about how to park!..

Present company excepted, I'm Bl00dy glad that there aren't more of them.. :D

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see man😅!
Not just blonde…I have reversed into a car and didn’t even noticed it was there. Bloody bloke parked his lowered Mazda Miata behind me. Almost drove into his windscreen.
However the van is actually same width as the Jag and slightly longer…

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And finally bike rack:

Reactions: cutlea01 and PeteA

·
Administrator
30,909 Posts
That is some piece of ironmongery! (OK, I know it is aluminium, but "aluminiummongery" doesn't seem to be a thing)

·
Administrator
29,222 Posts
Looks like a deployable cattle grid. :D

Could be handy for the New Forest? :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: mentepazza

·
Registered
10,114 Posts
Hi Mattia, looking at the colour choice of the body I really wasn't sure about it.. however, I happened to see one today being lit by the sun and have to say in real life it looks a lot different, caught my eye with approval!

Reactions: mentepazza

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wasn’t sure either about the colour :)
Looks better in the sun, children think it’s an ice cream van.
And the scaffolding in the back sure is good for hanging the wash!
However had to fit a rear camera. Can’t see a thing now when reversing.
The rear Oem Vw camera is not sharp as the one in our Jag.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Looks clearer than the camera was on my Classic XF. Your I-Pace will likely have newer tech, like my F-Pace. Still, better than none and integrated with the car systems. Was it easy enough to add and configure?

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Easy to install but for coding had to ask a Friend with Vw software VCDS.
Long gone easy motoring…
A few weeks ago I was driving my 1976 Volvo and suddenly I lost power steering assistance.
Stop the car on the side of the road and check. Steering pump was leaking fluid.
With modern cars it would have been a tow recovery. With the oldy it was just a matter of disconnecting the steering pump belt and hit the road again :)

Reactions: cutlea01
1 - 17 of 17 Posts