Jaguar Forum banner

Volvo XC wheels on 2012 xf

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  D3GGY 
#1 ·
Hello everyone.

In my country, i have a very limited choice of 20 inches due to the narrow portfolio of 5x108 wheel bolts.I have to choose the rims in the picture. The rims from the Volvo xc 90 suv are compatible as I checked from willtheyfit.com. But, is it a problem in my sedan to have a rim from a 'suv'? Is there any difference between the rims used in SUVs and the rims used in sedans in terms of density and structure?

See less See more
#2 ·
You won't have any issue with "density or structure" & long as the rim width & offset work with the XF they will be fine - do check that the XF studs are compatible though.

That wheel should look good on an XF. (y)

Reactions: xfvelar
#3 ·
I agree with Nick, no structural issues, in fact they are probably stronger as they are designed to work with a heavier vehicle.

Nice choice 😁

Reactions: xfvelar
#4 ·
Just check the offset is correct, you don’t want the front wheels rubbing on your wheel arch when you turn the wheel.

I had this issue on my Sorento and it was so annoying, had to swap the tyres back and get a refund on the wheels.

#5 ·
The offsets and widths are different but that doesn't mean they will not fit:
cf

#6 ·
Looking at those figures, the wheels will mount about 16mm further out of the arches.

#11 ·
Nice wheels and nice with those 16 mm - no need for spacers. I remember that some Jags and Volvos have more or less the same wheel dimensions... sold my old XFS winters to a guy who I think was going to put them on some old V70.

#14 ·
Are they the same size bolts though?

Looking up the volvos look like M14 and the Jag standard is M12 isn't it?

The Jag nuts will be too small to get a proper contact patch on the tapers inside the wheel. Dangerous in my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.