Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dears,
I've recently purchased a beautiful Jag 2010 3.0D and beforehand I probably read like 999 articles on this forum (thanks to all of you). Unfortunately, I have the base version seats which are neither comfortable nor have cooling/heating options.
So, I am on a mission to replace them with some better ones purchased online. I'm from Poland and there are lots of parts available (incl. the infamous heating/cooling module); however, I do not have anyone to take care of all the connections and coding for me. So my question to you guys: Is there any workaround that would make it possible to turn the cooling and heating on and off by a button? Or maybe is it possible to purchase everything readymade and just find someone for the coding part? Your help will be greatly appreciated! Glad I can join the family <3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The retrofit was made by me long time ago, you need wiring diagram for solve wiring or find it on junkyard, module, seats and make coding. If you need help, let me know.
I have religiously read your retrofit threads! I think that you even recommended allegro.pl in one of the discussions :) Assuming that I have no electrical skills whatsoever, but I'm not a complete idiot - would I be able to make it work with the wiring diagram? On the other hand - I think that it would be possible for me to get the wiring from some cars sold for parts, but I dont really know which wires I need - if you could please tell me where are they and how do they look, then I would make some inquiries. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
40 Posts
Michael, do you think this would work for the driver’s seat? I dont need the heating/cooling on the passenger’s side.
Thanks!!
Hello mate. I've done this myself last year and all i can say is that is not easy. As you are from Poland I'm assuming your Jag is left hand drive, first thing you should do is take the passenger seat out and then remove the carpet and check if you already have the connectors for the climate seat there. Should be a grey plastic blank with 3 connectors in it. If you have that you're in luck. I wasn't so lucky so i had to do all the wiring myself, thats about 20+ wires, not easy. Check for the connectors first and then give me a message.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts