Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was playing for half hour with the car whilst it's still in storage France and noticed a "valet" option on the screen. It required a password which I don't know. Can jag reset this and what options does it give? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
You set it to use valet option. Once set it locks the glove box and disables the radio. I think it also prevents boot opening. To take it out of valet mode you select the option and put in code you used to set it

·
Apostrophe Monitor
7,424 Posts
Valet mode is to disable the touch screen to prevent access to telephone numbers or navigation addresses, locks the glove box and locks the boot.

From the home menu, select Valet, then enter a four digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) of your choice. You then are prompted to re-enter the same code. On completion, touch the OK soft key.
Once the PIN has has been entered correctly a security information pop up is displayed. Read, and if you are handing over the keys to a parking attendant remove the Emergency Key Blade from the Smart Key.

Valet On is displayed to indicate that the PIN has been accepted. Lock the vehicle walk away... the boot and glove box are then locked secure.

On re-entering/unlocking the vehicle select Valet mode screen, enter your four digit PIN, A pop up is displayed, and Valet Off, re-stow the emergency key blade in the Smart Key. The glove box will now be able to be opened as normal and the boot will return to the previous set security requirement.

If for any reason you forget the PIN, open the luggage compartment (boot) with the emergency key blade and that will cancel Valet Mode.

Reactions: Coolcity

·
Registered
160 Posts
The code for valet setting is reset every time you use it. To engage it, you enter the code of your choice. Repeat it once to confirm and it is set. To take out of valet setting enter the code once and it is disengaged.

The next time you use valet setting - repeat the process. You can use the same code or different code every time you use it. Once you have disengaged the valet, the code you used to lock/unlock is not saved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Valet mode is to disable the touch screen to prevent access to telephone numbers or navigation addresses, locks the glove box and locks the boot.

From the home menu, select Valet, then enter a four digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) of your choice. You then are prompted to re-enter the same code. On completion, touch the OK soft key.
Once the PIN has has been entered correctly a security information pop up is displayed. Read, and if you are handing over the keys to a parking attendant remove the Emergency Key Blade from the Smart Key.

Valet On is displayed to indicate that the PIN has been accepted. Lock the vehicle walk away... the boot and glove box are then locked secure.

On re-entering/unlocking the vehicle select Valet mode screen, enter your four digit PIN, A pop up is displayed, and Valet Off, re-stow the emergency key blade in the Smart Key. The glove box will now be able to be opened as normal and the boot will return to the previous set security requirement.

If for any reason you forget the PIN, open the luggage compartment (boot) with the emergency key blade and that will cancel Valet Mode.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My "home" menu does not have a "valet" button for me to enter my pin code to disable the Valet Mode. My key and transmitter are locked in the trunk. I have a Jaguar 2008 J* VDP, Any suggestions other than calling a locksmith?

Mike

·
Registered
375 Posts
So do you have access to the car cabin or is the whole car locked with the keys in the boot/trunk? Do your rear seats fold down as you may get access through there. Assume you don't have the blade to open the boot through the manual lock?

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Decoding this, I imagine we are talking a 2008 XJ. Does this have the valet button on the console and the green headed valet key rather than the later PIN system? If the (only?) normal key is locked in the trunk you would need to find some other way to access. Perhaps SDD could release valet mode?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts