Jaguar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
I tried this with an spare laptop HDD I have which is Sata. I could lock and unlock it using a software called VictoriaHDD and my Sata/IDE to “usb” in Windows and the password which I set. It’s Toshiba so the master password mentioned in that video didn’t work. Then tried to use Hiren Boot CD and HDAT2. Under Dos, Sata to Usb adapter was not able to see the HDD and therefor it didn’t work. Unfortunately it’s not Hitachi that I can make sure the password in the video works under Windows. So I am going to order a IDE to “Sata” just like in the video to be safe. I don’t want to remove the ACM and wait few days to receive the correct adapter if my usb adapter didn’t work.

on a side note, I have read on Volvo forums that Toyota touch&go maps have the same file extensions and they are released annually. Any one have tried to see that could be used on Jags?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just copy files (replace old with new ones). Also, in root directory, you will need to combine two files in one (you can use winhex or command prompt). You will understand what files when you will see them and compare with old ones (i don't remember its names). Hirens Boot CD is enough. It includes HDAT2 and portable version of WinXP. And don't forget adapter for 2.5IDE.
I tried this today. Unfortunately the HDD in my head unit is sata, not ide. Also it’s Toshiba, not Hitachi so the HBCD method mentioned for Toyota’s doesn’t work to unlock the HDD. Any idea?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Make a photo of hdd

·
Registered
276 Posts
Make a photo of hdd
I even tried connecting the HDD to HU via external power and sata cable so I could use the HU to unlock it and without disconnecting the power connecting it to my laptop. Somehow HU will not recognise the HDD using this method. Only reads it when directly connected to the port.
Here are photos:
3229D3A7-BA47-462D-9D88-6D7993535173.jpeg

4A77AC79-1108-4EE1-8E2A-41ECD0BE3444.jpeg

·
Registered
146 Posts
very interesting. never saw sata in iam2.1 before! but i think headunit lock hdd and headunit make this password. what password yo use? There are two: ivanwanisia... and siihaka..

·
Registered
276 Posts
very interesting. never saw sata in iam2.1 before! but i think headunit lock hdd and headunit make this password. what password yo use? There are two: ivanwanisia... and siihaka..
I used both but neither works. I think these are master passwords. I can see the master password has not changed and the security level is high, not max. And if I am right master password is manufacturer specific and not depend on HU.
for Toshiba the only master password I found is 32 spaces and that doesn’t work neither.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Wow I just made it!
I google the second password you mentioned and found This Volvo Site.

the password is actually: “siihakawhc2o6937” followed by 16 spaces. All in lower case.

just a tip for anyone want to try it with a laptop. I tried 2 Lenovo, 1 IBM and an old Dell laptop. Only dell let me bypass the password screen to be able to boot from usb (hiren’s boot cd).

·
Registered
276 Posts
Many Thanks. Yes As I mentioned it worked for me as well.
Now my question is about CDDB folder. You mentioned at start of this thread that I have to combine two files. I have these:
1F62D15F-C9F4-4A10-AACA-0054ABA68996.jpeg

(I don’t know why it is upside down after inserting. Sorry)
Do you think I need to change any of them or they are fine as they are? When I open text files everything seems normal. Except for CDDBInfro.text that has dates in it like this:
07/2009
2009/07/16
\\CDDB\HASHLIST.DAT
\\CDDB\CDDPRTNO.txt
\\CDDB\ecddb.idx
\\CDDB\ecddb.mdt

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Does anyone happen to have the topix sheet that shows how to get to this? I can’t get into topic anymore for some reason...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ds, this is a hack to enable you to use the freely available volvo maps (as I understand it). It will not be Jaguar approved.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Job done! Thanks to All helps.

CDE70799-7A1B-4A59-B23D-1C9805671B7B.jpeg

Took me 30mins to take the hard out. 20mins to copy files and 30mins to put HDD and trim back.
plus the time I spent on unlocking the HDD that is way easier for next person.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts