Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...I was wondering if anyone had a way to update the maps on a 2013 xf without having to pay the stupid price dealers want....cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hi...I was wondering if anyone had a way to update the maps on a 2013 xf without having to pay the stupid price dealers want....cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
There is a thread on here, have a search plus look for 08292 Michael who can likely help

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: dslives

·
Registered
166 Posts
remove HDD, unlock it, copy maps. it's free solution. or pay for activation. there are more cheaper variants than official dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
373 Posts
remove HDD, unlock it, copy maps. it's free solution. or pay for activation. there are more cheaper variants than official dealer.
Onotole can you explain the unlocking process and where to get the maps from please? Would help alot of us looking for updates :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Onotole can you explain the unlocking process and where to get the maps from please? Would help alot of us looking for updates :)
https://www.volvocars.com/cy/support/downloads/maps/iam21 - here is the latest maps for iam2.1 level3 (x250 facelift navi). just download it. hdd unlocking procedure is same as on toyota gen6 navi unit. try to search it. for example: https://youtu.be/ukI7gaQ-CnU also, you need ide 2.5 to usb or sata adapter to connect hdd to your pc/notebook.

Reactions: PeteW and hamedhbb

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Is it really that simple ? I know that video is for Toyota and while copying stuff there are few partitions , so for us we are only copying stuff to the main folder and thats it ?
Also, can you tell me would you recommend any particular program that you would use (maybe there is something for windows or would HDAT2 work from command line or does it have to booted to DOS only) or is Hirens Boot CD what you have used yourself?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just copy files (replace old with new ones). Also, in root directory, you will need to combine two files in one (you can use winhex or command prompt). You will understand what files when you will see them and compare with old ones (i don't remember its names). Hirens Boot CD is enough. It includes HDAT2 and portable version of WinXP. And don't forget adapter for 2.5IDE.

·
Registered
708 Posts
It wasn’t in the boot. Where is the next bet?
Then likely it doesn't have one and it's a USB update rather than DVD

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
There was never a DVD player in the boot.. maybe a multi disc CD player though?...

If the system can 'record' CD's to itself then it is the HDD version...

Is your car a facelift or or a facelift for a start?...

·
Super Moderator
11,330 Posts
Nav Disc in the boot was on pre facelift cars.

·
Registered
199 Posts
yup disc in boot on mine ( cos i took it into work & ran it through a polisher )

Jaguar XF Classic & Yamaha YZF-R1

·
Registered
575 Posts
There was never a DVD player in the boot.. maybe a multi disc CD player though?...

If the system can 'record' CD's to itself then it is the HDD version...

Is your car a facelift or or a facelift for a start?...
Facelift, Feb 2012. It takes dvd just under head unit. Nothing in boot other than b&w amplifier.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Facelift, Feb 2012. It takes dvd just under head unit. Nothing in boot other than b&w amplifier.
In that case it's a USB stick update

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 92 Posts