Jaguar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

Registered
With offices in EU now, wouldn't it make sense if they controlled the updates as their Time Zone is close to GMT?

Reactions: PeteA and ChrisSB

Registered
What are some things we could help to help this community? I know we're not always able to deliver everything, we especially had a had time with vbulletin but we're optimistic with this current platform.

Li
Obviously, as has been mentioned the issue regarding updates and downtime would be a good start.

I'm no moderator either but there seems to be a lack of communication between the UK based site admins and moderators. Do you not have a moderator/admin chat forum section? Every other site I've moderated has done.

I also didn't realise how big an outfit vertical scope was, so this may go some way towards understanding that you can't be in all places at once. Generally speaking I don't have that many issues with the performance of the site itself.

Reactions: Jag_Admin

What are some things we could help to help this community? I know we're not always able to deliver everything, we especially had a had time with vbulletin but we're optimistic with this current platform.

Li
How about giving us a different banner as asked for previously. One that we can have a say on. Showing 3 XF is hardly representative of the modern jaguar range that this forum is all about. Looking at the banner you'd think this was a forum purely about the XF. Im fairly sure you already have an XF Forum.

Im also for letting members (your clients) notice as to when the forum will be doing updates and not accessible to us. 24 hour notice shouldn't really be hard to organise, or is that too hard to do???

Administrator
I can get a banner request up. Do you guys have personal high-res images of the models you want in mind? If not, we do need to rely on stock images. Our designers aren't always good at knowing what the community wants as you can see.

But yes! I'll see what can be done about the notifications.

Li

Administrator
Heya all,

Posted an input thread for the banner here and merged the threads as we posted at the same time.

Jeff M

Administrator
Obviously, as has been mentioned the issue regarding updates and downtime would be a good start.

I'm no moderator either but there seems to be a lack of communication between the UK based site admins and moderators. Do you not have a moderator/admin chat forum section? Every other site I've moderated has done.

I also didn't realise how big an outfit vertical scope was, so this may go some way towards understanding that you can't be in all places at once. Generally speaking I don't have that many issues with the performance of the site itself.
Phil - there is such an area, we don't have much need to use it!

Administrator
Back on that notification request. Unfortunately we can't run a notice consistently at least not now but I can confirm that weekly updates are done on Tuesdays, between 9am to 2pm eastern time. sometimes longer but those are rare.

Li

Registered
Phil - there is such an area, we don't have much need to use it!
Strange. We used to use it continually when I was a mod on mg-rover.org to discuss various matters, users etc. It's a good place to have discussions without the general population of the forum being privy.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #50
Strange. We used to use it continually when I was a mod on mg-rover.org to discuss various matters, users etc. It's a good place to have discussions without the general population of the forum being privy.
We do use it for that but as this is a light touch forum there isn鈥檛 really much to discuss that often.

I posted this publicly as I wanted feedback from other members as well. Wasn鈥檛 sure if it was just me that鈥檚 narked by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
There was an update to the site this evening, UK time 20:45. Site down for a few minutes. It has to happen at some time and it was only a few minutes.

Administrator
The update last night knocked out TapaTalk for a lot longer.

I had so much great stuff to post, alas now sadly forgotten.
oh that's interesting to know. So tapatalk doesn't save your drafts when this happens?
I think the forum in mobile and desktop mode does.

Li

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #55
oh that's interesting to know. So tapatalk doesn't save your drafts when this happens?
I think the forum in mobile and desktop mode does.

Li
Yes it does.

Reactions: JakeBlade

Registered
It wouldn鈥檛 let me access the forum from Tapatalk. The lockout from the forum on Tapatalk was a lot longer than the forum update outage, if that makes sense?

It just shows up as user not recognised (or words to that effect).

Registered
I鈥檓 finding that posting pictures via Tapatalk is a right pain in the whatnot.

It takes two attempts minimum per picture. Always.
Sometimes it can be four attempts.

I鈥檝e reported it to Tapatalk, but could this be a Jaginfo issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
I have also have issues posting photos on Tapatalk. First time now always fails and requires deletion and then go through the upload process again. Subsequent photos in the post do seem to work. In the past it was a bit hit or miss, now it consistently fails.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Registered
I've never really understood why people continue to use tapatalk. The forum is perfectly functional on a standard browser. I've tried tapatalk a couple of times and have nothing but issues.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts