Reactions: DAVENN

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Reactions: PeteA

·
18,267 Posts

Tanquery Rangpur with plenty of ice and a slimline tonic.

Lovely and refreshing!

Reactions: DAVENN and Gav

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #65

·
18,267 Posts
rhubarb and ginger gin with ginger ale...with loads of ice. . perfect.
Still on it.

Finished off the Tanquery, and a bottle of Bombay sapphire - only an inch in either one.

Pondered opening another bottle of gin - 3 to choose from

Listoke 1777, The Botanist or Lone Wolf.

Ah knackers to it - there's a bottle of Gordon's at the back needs consuming.

One of our trainees/junior pilots worked on and for a local Aberdonian Deeside gin called EeNoo, apparently getting rave reviews.
This was while we were having a xmas bevvy with the boys at a organised do in Aberdeen. I got to meet said ex-distiller now ROV pilot.

He told me of Whitley Neill - not the normal Rhubarb and ginger gin, but just the Rhubard, at 40% abv. Add some ginger ale of your own choice (Idris) to that.

It sounds counter productive, doesn't it? It was beautiful, dangerously so on a heavy night out with the rest of the guys :)

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Still on it.

Finished off the Tanquery, and a bottle of Bombay sapphire - only an inch in either one.

Pondered opening another bottle of gin - 3 to choose from

Listoke 1777, The Botanist or Lone Wolf.

Ah knackers to it - there's a bottle of Gordon's at the back needs consuming.

One of our trainees/junior pilots worked on and for a local Aberdonian Deeside gin called EeNoo, apparently getting rave reviews.
This was while we were having a xmas bevvy with the boys at a organised do in Aberdeen. I got to meet said ex-distiller now ROV pilot.

He told me of Whitley Neill - not the normal Rhubarb and ginger gin, but just the Rhubard, at 40% abv. Add some ginger ale of your own choice (Idris) to that.

It sounds counter productive, doesn't it? It was beautiful, dangerously so on a heavy night out with the rest of the guys :)
"mother's ruin" has truly developed over the past couple of years .
12 months back, I wldnt dream of touching the stuff...
the better half says that they don't do just rhubarb....could it be Slingsbys?...or perhaps this was some time back?

I'm waiting for Aussie White Wine + lemonade to make a comeback...or 20 20 Mad Dog to become gentrified

·
18,267 Posts
"mother's ruin" has truly developed over the past couple of years .
12 months back, I wldnt dream of touching the stuff...
the better half says that they don't do just rhubarb....could it be Slingsbys?...or perhaps this was some time back?

I'm waiting for Aussie White Wine + lemonade to make a comeback...or 20 20 Mad Dog to become gentrified
Nah

If you're going down that route - best be on the lookout for Mad-dog 20/20, Hooch, K, Thunderbird - or the tramps and Weegies favourite

Buckfast!!

aka Buckie

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Just opened a bottle of 'Jura - Aged 10 Years':

My current prediction, is that is in very real danger of becoming an 'Ex' bottle of 'Jura - Aged 10 Years' this weekend... :)

·
Registered
9,825 Posts
A few cans of wife beater then just opened a bottle of jammy red roo. Why not we were awarded an extra day off today and it’s movie night here :D
Pete how do you drink your whisky?

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Nah

If you're going down that route - best be on the lookout for Mad-dog 20/20, Hooch, K, Thunderbird - or the tramps and Weegies favourite

Buckfast!!

aka Buckie
I noted 20 20 mate.

perhaps your vision ain't quite

😁

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Pete how do you drink your whisky?

Early evening.. from a Whisky glass, late evening.. from the bottle.... (y)

Reactions: MyIRRCat and Gav

·
18,267 Posts
Just opened a bottle of 'Jura - Aged 10 Years':

View attachment 180950

My current prediction, is that is in very real danger of becoming an 'Ex' bottle of 'Jura - Aged 10 Years' this weekend... :)
My preference is for Speyside malts, but gotta say - Jura ain't a bad tipple at all.

Slainte!

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
I don’t drink whiskey. In fact since the lockdown in March I have had a grand total of 4 beers and a glass of wine. My Thursday night routine has been halted where I go to the same pub I’ve been going to for 16 years and have 4 pints .

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Was just sent this on WhatsApp, seemed somewhat appropriate for this thread:

:D

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
tried beefeater pink strawberry gin with Tango sugar free strawberry and melon pop .
only 36g of carbs per litre of gin.

Result!!

Might be too sweet in taste for many..

I loved it.

Reactions: Rigger and Gav

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Just test driving some of this:

Got to say it's not bad.. not usually overly keen on Islay.. but this is a nice tasty (but not overly so) Whisky with a nice long after taste.. but not too smokey... (y)

Currently using a glass.. later may be different...

61 - 80 of 111 Posts