·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
13,174 Posts

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #423 ·
In preparation for trip to Mexico next week, I've had a few cans of corona extra.

Nope.

·
Administrator
31,211 Posts
Am in mourning as my home made sloe gin is running out...............

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
Am in mourning as my home made sloe gin is running out...............
Didn't you hold back a few bags of sloes for late winter use??

Ours made some superb sloe gin this year..like you, we are about out...but have a few kg in the freezer.

·
Administrator
31,211 Posts
Unfortunately our own blackthorn trees/bushes produced next to no sloes last year, or if they did the birdies got them. So I was reduced to picking what I could from the (very) few bushes in the fields around us. I only managed to get about 3 lbs, and used them all.

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
Well after a thoroughly rubbish week, work has been disaster after disaster this week and my hands are ruined (heavy woollen textile machinery are beasts), I've decided to have some beverages this evening. Spurred on by the thought of an apprentice inspired greasy spoon fry up in the morning (y) .

Started with a couple of Glenmorangies, and the better half has been instructed to go and buy chips (to go with the chilli) and beer.

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #429 ·
After a particulary busy and then ball achingly annoying day.. I'm on Kwak
just 8.4%...

·
Registered
13,174 Posts
I’m trying some cheap stuff from Lidl to see if it has any medicinal properties. :whistle:
Still positive from last Friday :(
Bottle Liquid Glass bottle Barware Alcoholic beverage

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Had a Brew Dog, Puppet Master. Not bad as IPAs go but not my favourite.

·
Administrator
31,211 Posts
My doctor has "suggested" my alcohol intake should be reduced.

So I have cut down on bread instead, and increased my fruit intake.

Seems a reasonable approach n'est ce pas?

Reactions: Nathan and Gav

·
Registered
13,174 Posts
My doctor has "suggested" my alcohol intake should be reduced.

So I have cut down on bread instead, and increased my fruit intake.

Seems a reasonable approach n'est ce pas?
or
change doctor?

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Back in October as I was being discharged from hospital, I had a bit of a row with my heart consultant after he said "avoid alcohol". I asked him to be specific in his definition of "avoid", he explained "none". I then rather angrily asked him to back this advice with medical evidence, he couldn't. I told him I'd ignore this part of his advice until he or another practitioner could provide evidence that mild consumption would further hurt me.

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #435 ·
Back in October as I was being discharged from hospital, I had a bit of a row with my heart consultant after he said "avoid alcohol". I asked him to be specific in his definition of "avoid", he explained "none". I then rather angrily asked him to back this advice with medical evidence, he couldn't. I told him I'd ignore this part of his advice until he or another practitioner could provide evidence that mild consumption would further hurt me.
My GP suggested that I too refrain from booze, pork etc

Religious fanatic

Just enjoyed some Palm...don't we all sailor?

and a can of Estaminet...which sounds like a Dalek but is a lager with an ABV of 5.294365%

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
I've a taste for these new hazy IPAs. Some freshly pulled in a pub are simply delicious. Very zesty and citrusy.

Reactions: Nathan

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #438 ·
Currently on Moretti Rosso., from my beer tap.
A bit heavy and at over 7%, has to be treated with respect.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Tableware Drinkware Liquid Beer Beer glass

Kaihe DDH Chinook IPA. 5%. "Flying to your palette is this double dry hopped IPA. Dropping flavours of bitter lemon, lime and grapefruit and leaving a piny sky in its wake."

421 - 440 of 442 Posts