Jaguar Forum banner
401 - 420 of 442 Posts

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
I know how destructive canabis can be. (Nephew). But comparing two bad things and declaring one to be a bit less bad than the other is hardly a glowing endorsement. Alcohol can and does destroy lives. And apart from personal gratification, I now no longer see any virtue in it.
It's just coming up to two years since the death of my brother at just 38 years old

He seriously abused cannabis and alcohol all his adult life. However it was the alcohol abuse that ruined his internal organs to the point it caused his body to just shut down.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23,896 Posts
It's just coming up to two years since the death of my brother at just 38 years old

He seriously abused cannabis and alcohol all his adult life. However it was the alcohol abuse that ruined his internal organs to the point it caused his body to just shut down.

Very sad, Jay. But more common than we know, I'll bet.
Two harmful drugs yet one we demonise, the other we embrace.
"What's wrong with this picture?"

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
I'm not sure we should demonise cannabis like we used to.

A friend of mines wife was diagnosed with cancer about a year ago and was given a year to live. The treatment she was getting would only keep her alive for a short while. She started taking cannabis oil as a last resort and a year later she's still here and her cancer is receding. It's not legal and is costing around £800 a month for her supply.

Not quite the same as rolling a big joint and smoking it I know but it has some incredible healing powers when used as an oil.

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
23,896 Posts
I'm not sure we should demonise cannabis like we used to.

A friend of mines wife was diagnosed with cancer about a year ago and was given a year to live. The treatment she was getting would only keep her alive for a short while. She started taking cannabis oil as a last resort and a year later she's still here and her cancer is receding. It's not legal and is costing around £800 a month for her supply.

Not quite the same as rolling a big joint and smoking it I know but it has some incredible healing powers when used as an oil.

The irony is huge!
In fact canabis, or more specifically the main constituent, CHT, does have a proven beneficial element.
Any research being done into any beneficial aspects of alcohol? :unsure:

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #405 ·
The irony is huge!
In fact canabis, or more specifically the main constituent, CHT, does have a proven beneficial element.
Yep

If we accept that the alcohol is held within the likes of red wine, for example

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #406 ·
The irony is huge!
I have a bottle in the bedroom, as it is very good for neuropathic pain, as is dark rum.

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #407 ·
Alcohol is fine when embraced....not so when it embraces you.

Reactions: PeteA

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #408 ·

Terrible truly terrible.

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #409 ·
Mead and Lemonade over ice today.

Extremely soporific.

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #411 ·
Took a finger prick test whilst at the GP....
Needle(ss) to say that a bottle of mead is not condunsive to low blood glucose levels with those with a lazy pancreas.

Ohhhhh.... on the wagon, under Dr's orders, for 6 weeks.

·
Administrator
31,214 Posts
Potential date to fall heavily off that wagon? Or are you following Doctors' orders for a change?

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #413 · (Edited)
Potential date to fall heavily off that wagon? Or are you following Doctors' orders for a change?
Definitely following Dr's orders, sir.
The question was raised as to why I had a bottle of refreshing mead not 24 hrs before this appointment?

An answer of " I only had the one, as I didn't have another bottle in the house " wouldn't have gone down as well as that mead did..

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #414 ·
... the solution to the right is quicker...

Cabinetry Property Wood Drawer Dresser

·
Firm Rampant Member
21,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #416 ·
A nice bottle of the Kings Ginger ( with lemon) went down quite well

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
Dry January commenceth.

I really needed to too, it's been a long Christmas break, starting on the 17th and back on the 4th, and I think I've had one night off. Granted it has probably only been a bottle or two of beer a night, but still well beyond the recommended amount.

I might try and do two months this year and do sober October also.

·
Administrator
31,214 Posts
Good thing to do. I am returning to my "stay dry Mon to Thurs" routine from now on.

401 - 420 of 442 Posts