901 - 920 of 995 Posts

·
Registered
7,436 Posts

·
Firm Rampant Member
14,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #902
Sofites - minus 7C this am, spent a while persuading the door locks on the Ewok to work - they simply freeze up under -1C. So long as I can get in one door and get it started and warming up, they all magically start working after 20 minutes or so.
Better I spend 1/2hr out in the cold sorting it than get my ear bent again. :rolleyes:
mine is in for a fix next month.

apparently if one unit fails, they all do .

I start it up remotely and pour hot water over each opener .

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Don't Jaguar boast they do both hot and cold car trials, in the Sahara and Iceland to prove their product works.....?

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Don't Jaguar boast they do both hot and cold car trials, in the Sahara and Iceland to prove their product works.....?
The car works, they just can’t get in it! :D

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Clear skies here, 4c outside but the wing is dropping it well below that I suspect. Sat in the unheated conservatory in a balmy 23c. Had our walk out.

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
View attachment 184733

Also have a clockwork barograph I made an oak case for some years ago, it ticks rather loudly so i don't have it running.
View attachment 184734
I bought one of those at an auction last year. Came with a box full of charts so we do have it running (battery powered) though I have no idea what to do with many months of recorded atmospheric pressure readings.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
I bought one of those at an auction last year. Came with a box full of charts so we do have it running (battery powered) though I have no idea what to do with many months of recorded atmospheric pressure readings.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
Photograph them and then keep the files somewhere that is backed up safely, you never know when they might be useful... 😉

Reactions: OBC John

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I've got a bag of charts and a bottle of ink......somewhere...... I did have a few of the clip-on felt-tip type pens but thought that too modern!

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
I've got a bag of charts and a bottle of ink......somewhere...... I did have a few of the clip-on felt-tip type pens but thought that too modern!
If you know the make and model of your barograph you can buy the felt tips (pre-inked) off eBay. (Is there anything you CAN'T buy off eBay. (Rhetorical)).

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Yep, even Rhetorical is there :D

Reactions: OBC John and PeteA

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Still sunny. View just now across to Mendips & Cheddar Gorge (not one of our cars in picture)

Reactions: PeteA and JayF

·
Firm Rampant Member
14,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #913

yes...

but they go to Iceland in the summer and the Sahara in the winter...

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
That’s our snow for the year.

Even the snowmen social distance at ours. Mrs S insists.

Reactions: Gav

·
19,241 Posts
Supposed to be rain later on.

Hope so. It'll help melt the snow.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Weathers looking pretty grim for N.I. and a lot of Scotland over the next couple of days Riggs, hope your journey goes to plan. (y)

Down here it's another very windy day with scattered showers that are supposed to decrease.. as the mist then comes in, 2C until late afternoon when the temp. starts rising.. hopefully... visibility fair, humidity high.

·
Registered
7,436 Posts
Supposed to be rain later on.

Hope so. It'll help melt the snow.
Should turn to rain later.
Roads are passable, Mrs S has just been into Newtownards. Good day for Snow mode in your supercharged beast.

Pretty landscapes with the snow.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Minus 1 here but the wind makes it feel like minus 8, just had a few flakes of snow. Phil

·
19,241 Posts
Should turn to rain later.
Roads are passable, Mrs S has just been into Newtownards. Good day for Snow mode in your supercharged beast.

Pretty landscapes with the snow.
Yup - was out and just back.

Driveway cleared of the mahoosive 1" of the white stuff. But at least I won't be walking on ice tomorrow morning, if it doesn't melt off first.

Road are clear - wet only. Did a half spirited sprint from the traffic lights near Balloo - no slip, nothing.

Still drivers creeping about as if they were on a frozen lake with plastic tyres though.

Same drivers that still have half the car covered in snow. Muppets.

Reactions: Statler

·
Firm Rampant Member
14,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #920
Really bloody windy.

901 - 920 of 995 Posts