Jaguar Forum banner

601 - 621 of 634 Posts

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #601
19⁰c blue skies perfect.
rising to 24⁰c later and falling to 19⁰c
apparently it chucked it down about 9.30pm ,I was asleep...reckon I've got flu.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
You were lucky then Phil, our bedroom was 25C last night and the humidity was at the revolting end of the scale with no air movement whatsoever.. :(

Humidity is still at 92%, temp. of 20 rising to 23/24 later, sunny spells with rain looming on the mid afternoon horizon, no breeze to talk of..

This is the current prediction for the upcoming days:

And when you bear in mind that the predictions for down here have been optimistic recently...

Reactions: R17

·
Super Moderator
11,334 Posts
Nice and cool this morning, Alfie seems to have got a new lease of life too. Up and down the stairs to my bedroom last night and this morning as usual!

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
You were lucky then Phil, our bedroom was 25C last night and the humidity was at the revolting end of the scale with no air movement whatsoever.. :(

Humidity is still at 92%, temp. of 20 rising to 23/24 later, sunny spells with rain looming on the mid afternoon horizon, no breeze to talk of..

This is the current prediction for the upcoming days:
View attachment 181847

And when you bear in mind that the predictions for down here have been optimistic recently...
I don't get it.
Why don't you mob just get 1, 2, 3, 4 pedestal fans?
I have three of them (had four but the kids destroyed one) spread around my my joint, they work great and are almost completely silent, and best of all they are cheap as chips, the last two or three I bought were a whopping $14 each at my local supa dupa market. And besides the one that the kids destroyed (don't ask me how they did so) they have lasted for several years with zero problems.
See here for example, pretty much identical to mine but a fair bit more expensive: Pedestal Fan 40cm 3 Speed Lectro® PRO Oscillating Portable Large Cooling Cooler 9332066040418 | eBay
Or do they not sell such fans for cheap in Blighty?

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Of course we have cheap pedestal fans Kim.. it's not the outback here you know... :D

We had a fan on last night.. it helped.. but it was still unpleasant.. just not as unpleasant as without a fan...

Reactions: OzXFR

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
Nice and cool this morning, Alfie seems to have got a new lease of life too. Up and down the stairs to my bedroom last night and this morning as usual!
Good news Geoff, glad to hear it.. (y)

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #606
Good lad!

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Of course we have cheap pedestal fans Kim.. it's not the outback here you know... :D

We had a fan on last night.. it helped.. but it was still unpleasant.. just not as unpleasant as without a fan...
OK, I reckon I have worked it out now.
You mob in Blighty are acclimatised to temps (C) in the teens and lower, while us in Oz are acclimatised to temps in the 30s and higher. So 22C at night to us is "balmy bordering on cool" whilst 22C at night to you lot is "sweltering".
It all comes down to what you are used to and are therefore comfortable with.

Reactions: DAVENN and PeteA

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
That's pretty much it Kim.. whilst driving to our nephews 18th birthday celebration yesterday we saw two yoofs in heavy jeans, fleece type tee shirts.. with done up hoodies on.. reckon they were over from Somalia... :D

·
Founder member
5,076 Posts
Sod the fans do it properly Kim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,981 Posts
This is a still from a video I took on Tuesday night at 12:20 am as a flash went.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Sod the fans do it properly Kim

Yep, I have four of them critters, one downstairs in the lounge and three upstairs one in each bedroom.
They only come on (at least in my bedroom when I'm trying to sleep) when the ambient temp gets over 28C and the pedestal fan doesn't quite do the trick.

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #612
OK, I reckon I have worked it out now.
You mob in Blighty are acclimatised to temps (C) in the teens and lower, while us in Oz are acclimatised to temps in the 30s and higher. So 22C at night to us is "balmy bordering on cool" whilst 22C at night to you lot is "sweltering".
It all comes down to what you are used to and are therefore comfortable with.
true.
we would take some time to get used to being upside-down too. but we could,in time.

Reactions: PeteA

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #613

·
Registered
5,588 Posts

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
24 DegC. Light winds. Suns out with a vengeance

Lovely

·
Administrator
27,753 Posts
Went for a walk

it rained, "rain today" lied.

Got wet.

·
Registered
10,063 Posts
Reactions: PeteA

·
Administrator
27,753 Posts
Nah, they are a back garden kind of apparel

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #619
Screenshot_20200813-080457_Facebook.jpg

Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
10,063 Posts
Misty start here, but by God it's made up for it this afternoon. Don't know temp but it's hot, damn hot!

601 - 621 of 634 Posts