Jaguar Forum banner

441 - 460 of 634 Posts

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Currently 15C rising to the giddy heights of 17C later, light cloud with sunny spells throughout, lightish winds from the SW-SSW, fairly humid all day but with good visibility.

(Much much nicer than the apocalyptic rain and surface water for my trip to NW of Newport on Thursday that's for sure, that was a grim journey!! )

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
Lovely morning here in County Down.
Sun, blue sky, no wind. 15degC.

Bubble day, oldies coming for a lunchtime fry up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,330 Posts
All rather grey sky here, 15 degs, some wetness forecast early afternoon then max of about 19 later in the day.

·
Registered
10,060 Posts
Highs of 20 here BBQ with family this afty

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Reactions: Rigger

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
Thought you already lived there Steve?... :p
Now, now, no need for that at this time on a Saturday morning Pete...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #447
16⁰c grey and hazy.
Expected 19⁰c at 6pm...17⁰c at 3pm
Slight breeze
Going to chuck it down tonight

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Wall to wall sunshine today, 19C rising to 25C mid afternoon, virtually no wind and good visibility with moderate humidity.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Wall to wall sunshine today, 19C rising to 25C mid afternoon, virtually no wind and good visibility with moderate humidity.
19 here already rising to 28 later.

Are you ready to be invaded again Pete after Boris gave the go ahead for hotels, campsites etc. to reopen?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
No Jay, the roads are nice and quiet and Devon & Cornwall have been relatively lucky throughout COVID-19, nobody that I have spoken to is in favour of what is happening soon.

So if you could all just send your money down instead please, think of the fuel you'll be saving too... ;)

This is p155ing people off also:

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
I can imagine that's annoyed a huge amount of people.

I have a feeling it's going to be madness down there especially as foreign holidays are still not an option.

And of course every one if them has to drive past my front door to get down there.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
I would imagine second home owners claiming would annoy people from all over the U.K. Jay..

The tourism industry needs to get going again to provide income.. but few are happy about opening up again because of the risks, a tough one...

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #453
17⁰c rising to 22⁰c by mid afternoon.
Hazy at the moment.
No breeze.

·
Registered
18,220 Posts
I would imagine second home owners claiming would annoy people from all over the U.K. Jay..

The tourism industry needs to get going again to provide income.. but few are happy about opening up again because of the risks, a tough one...
We'll certainly be "descending" down your way. But probably not now until September (after all the kids have gone back to school!). Porthcurno or Sennen Cove are calling.

·
Administrator
27,743 Posts
Holiday home lets are a business, same as any other, if they are properly run and pay their taxes, why should they be differentiated against? They do attract income to the area, do they not? I bet the pub/bar/restaurant/local store owners are not complaining about this.

I don't suppose the local councils have granted "holidays" for council tax, nor utilities for their standing charges etc.

Nonsense piece of journalism IMHO, typical media.

·
Registered
10,060 Posts
currently 23oc rising to 27oc in afternoon, it's gonna be sticky :(

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #457

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
Uncle Steve's Gran's Barometer is sitting at 29Hg (982Mb)
Dull and cloudy with a moderate breeze. 17 DegC and 70% humidity.....

Due to get warmer later, much warmer :)

·
Super Moderator
11,330 Posts
Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for Friday here.

·
Registered
10,060 Posts
441 - 460 of 634 Posts