Jaguar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts
Discussion starter · #65 ·
Excellent ya skinny bugger :D

Not even 24 hrs in and it's Pot Noodle time... 445 Cal :rolleyes:

This isn't going to end well
19% carb .. and over 500kcal .
perhaps you're using thinner water?

I would heartily ( see what I did there?) recommend the Iceland bags of stir-fry noodles.

Very low calorie, low(ish) carb and bloody decent for the money ....5 mins or so stir fried but microwaving works.

To be serious, a few of us appear to be needing to shed a few lbs .

I believe that we should share our journey from humpties to racing snakes.

Reactions: Statler
I lost 3 stone from last April to last November. No actual diet, just changed my diet, and walked two to three miles a day without fail. My "change of diet" included fruit as an evening desert, (very) regular meals, and the total cessation of my cake/chocolate/whatever snacking through the evenings. I found a glass of water or a nice cuppa tea pushed those cravings aside. ALso no alcolhol on school nights. ('cept Sundays ;) )

Put 5 lbs on over Christmas, halfway through getting rid of those now.

Discussion starter · #67 ·
I lost 3 stone from last April to last November. No actual diet, just changed my diet, and walked two to three miles a day without fail. My "change of diet" included fruit as an evening desert, (very) regular meals, and the total cessation of my cake/chocolate/whatever snacking through the evenings. I found a glass of water or a nice cuppa tea pushed those cravings aside. ALso no alcolhol on school nights. ('cept Sundays ;) )

that's a proper effort.
Fair play.
The problem with many "diets" is that it is just that...salads, green veg, fish, lean meats, eggs .
All the stuff I love.
However like you, Wilf, I'm a sod for chocolate etc and sweet stuff in general .
I'll happily devour a "family size" tiramasu in a matter of minutes ....no more than 3.
Luke and his gf , both knowing I'm diabetic and with little willpower gave me this for Xmas (mead off Debs)
Methinks they are wanting to kill me off...
Bottle Liquid Glass bottle Drinkware Drink

That’s great Wilf.
I think it’s the lack of proper exercise that’s doing it for me.

Dan and I where chatting while lying under his car this evening and we’ve decided to do a lunchtime loop from next week.

He’s only 18 but stopped regular exercise when the school hockey and the ice hockey packed in last year. I’m concerned that he’ll end up like me if he does nothing.

We both have bikes and there’s an easy 5-6 miles of country roads around us which we could probably do in half an hour over lunch.

We’ll see what the weather and willpower brings....

Discussion starter · #70 ·
-6lb .

not even a week in.

there will be a touch of fluid loss but I'm drinking a few pints of water a day.

starting to feel quite well too.

Discussion starter · #71 ·
That’s great Wilf.
I think it’s the lack of proper exercise that’s doing it for me.

Dan and I where chatting while lying under his car this evening and we’ve decided to do a lunchtime loop from next week.

He’s only 18 but stopped regular exercise when the school hockey and the ice hockey packed in last year. I’m concerned that he’ll end up like me if he does nothing.

We both have bikes and there’s an easy 5-6 miles of country roads around us which we could probably do in half an hour over lunch.

We’ll see what the weather and willpower brings....
the hardest part of exercise is getting off one's arse to do it .

Hope you get the opportunity to get out there.

Reactions: Statler
Discussion starter · #73 ·
3lb short of my wedding day weight.
Which was 3lb more than where I wanted to be.. but that's stag parties etc for you .
Hope to drop 3lb this week then a further 7lb by the end of March.
That'll put me at the lightest I will have been for nearly 30yrs.... lost a lot of muscle mass though...DB and Neuropathy being the major causes.

Discussion starter · #74 ·
.. another 1lb off... admittedly after parking a baby elephant .

Discussion starter · #75 ·
another lb off.
Even after a night off the wagon ( a few big bottles of Leffe Brun, first headache off that) and a few carbs too.

chuffed.

Reactions: Gav
Discussion starter · #76 ·
fell right off the wagon last week...and the previous 2 or 3.
not just booze but all manner of crap...and put on 8lb!!!!
As a consequence my, normally decently controlled ( but not perfectly) T2 went into blue lights to the hospital numbers .

So I started the Newcastle Diet PROPERLY .
No solid food since Monday morning .
3 meals a day.
All soups but incredibly filling
1 homemade for dinner and half an Asda
"fresh " for lunch and breakfast. .T
the trick, i suppose, us variety. A total of 800kcal per day
The bar and fridge is full of Amstel and Redstripe and I've not been tempted at all ..

I had a gin Monday evening as it was, after all, a Bank Holiday (the weather was the proof of that). But otherwise I am managing to abstain from alcohol Mon - Thurs inclusive each week.

BTW - post retirement, Bank Holidays cease to have any meaning (other than to avoid places that might be crowded).

Reactions: DAVENN
Didn't get my walk on the helideck this afternoon. Weather is peeing down. Italy, in May, and rain, WT giddy F?

Went on treadmill instead. Nowhere near as enjoyable.

Still taking it relatively easy due to tear on meniscus.

Discussion starter · #79 ·
I had a gin Monday evening as it was, after all, a Bank Holiday (the weather was the proof of that). But otherwise I am managing to abstain from alcohol Mon - Thurs inclusive each week.

BTW - post retirement, Bank Holidays cease to have any meaning (other than to avoid places that might be crowded).

Bank Holidays cease to have any meaning.... much like weekends, for me.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.