Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 100 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
How's Switzerland Dave?

it's quite nice thank you sir...
we used to have a factory there ( near Zurich)...so visited umpteen times our current and previous HQ is near Geneva and I once spent an afternoon in field hospital after , err, "falling ill" whilst over reaching myself whilst ski ing on a sales meeting ..

the app is very good but would benefit with being viewed on a big screen.

USB C to HDMI lead being delivered tomorrow.

Sensible treadmill then....

Carry on up the Khyber on ITV3, like these šŸ˜‚

yep...it goes up from the horizontal .. sadly not down from the horizontal.
Sounds like you need the 'upgraded' model then Dave... (y)

love the way the cyclist instinctly ducks...
Youā€™d be surprised how many have survived a 5 tonne tree falling on them by ducking at the last minute ;)

Youā€™d be surprised how many have survived a 5 tonne tree falling on them by ducking at the last minute ;)
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

And that's why you should always wear a helmet. (y)

Surprising how many people with chainsaws think that a tree that leans to the left will fall to the right..., [emoji23]

Videos like this should be compulsory viewing in Chainsaw School [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discussion starter · #35 ·
now on the SIXTH day of being on the wagon.
I could murder a pint right now...
Expect to be being dragged down to my new HQ in 3 weeks.. after that lot have completed their second batch of PAID furlough, so need to get into my suits
Also cut my carb intake to under 4g a day.
it would have zero but the cheddar has a touch in it .
Started this on Weds and dropped a kilo...but not dehydration as I'm on 4 litres of fizzy water a day.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
oof....not sure whether to laugh or cry.
felt rough for a bit.
Now I know why...
still, its heading back to normal.
The 2pm spike was when I went out in the velar. it shows how stressful even relaxed driving can be.
The evening spikes are after two weights sessions, showing that -even with moderately high blood glugose- my liver decides that I need more.
Text Line Font Plot Design

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Day 3 of my 800 kcal ( a day not meal) diet ...yesterday was sub 600kcal.
The stone gained since the wedding will be shed within 6 weeks , hopefully it'll be nearer 20lb.
BG has jumped and I noticed a few diabetic symptoms...raging thirst, having to get up in the night for a pee .

Both of these have gone ( I just lie there now) so it is working already.

Reactions: Statler and Gav
BG has jumped and I noticed a few diabetic symptoms...raging thirst, having to get up in the night for a pee .
That's just old age Dave... ;)

To be fair, since they sewed the hole in my bladder up two years ago, I've not needed to get up during the night. It seems to hold much more!

However, the weight I lost has crept back again, so I could do with dropping a stone or so.
I don't drink - crisps, chocolate and cakes are my downfall and that's a hard habit to break.... but I need to to help what's left of my bowel and do my blood sugar levels a favour.
Bloody difficult to drink a cup of tea without something to munch on as well :rolleyes:

Discussion starter · #39 ·
That's just old age Dave... ;)

To be fair, since they sewed the hole in my bladder up two years ago, I've not needed to get up during the night. It seems to hold much more!

However, the weight I lost has crept back again, so I could do with dropping a stone or so.
I don't drink - crisps, chocolate and cakes are my downfall and that's a hard habit to break.... but I need to to help what's left of my bowel and do my blood sugar levels a favour.
Bloody difficult to drink a cup of tea without something to munch on as well :rolleyes:
sounds awful ...the not drinking...

well actually it does šŸ˜‰

You've had your bladder sewn up?

Not right at the end, I hope.

yes...bloody carbs are a nightmare.

I find that a 4 egg omelette, with a touch of cheese ,ham and chilli ( approximately 300kcal) will easily keep me going from 8am to 6pm.

The big op that I had t the start of 2019 was to remove a chunk of bowel that had merged with my bladder, which was leaking into it. Removing the bowel left a hole in the bladder that they stiched up. Thankfully they got the right end šŸ˜‚

All doing rightly 2 years on.

Tend to do a bowl of Alpen or similar in the morning along with a bit of brown wholemeal toast, which is meant to be good for the bowel, then I lapse into crap until dinner (tea) and don't do much better later.

I'm, sitting on my backside most days WFH and don't do much exercise, so that's the plan now, try and cut out eats between meals and do something physical a few times a week which is more cardio than just outdoor DIY....

Reactions: DAVENN
21 - 40 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.