Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I replaced my daily driver with a XF-S Sportbrake in May this year. Then I got a bit drunk on eBay and put a bid on a 2005 XK 4.2S....and won.

She was a bit tired looking on the paint side, so has just come back from a full respray looking lovely. Thought I’d share some photos here.

Next job is to get the alloys powder coated as the paint is flaking, clean up the interior and redo the headlining. Was a sagging headliner a no cost option on these cars?!?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Wow! To me the Xk is the best Jaguar ever. I love it. Well done.

·
Administrator
29,272 Posts
Bringing that back to pristine condition is a very worthwhile endeavour. Congratulations.

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Paint finish looks great

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the encouraging comments. Need to address the bonnet shutline - the gap is a bit too big at present. She goes up on axle stands this weekend whilst the wheels are away for refurbishment. Need some new centre caps too.

Would welcome opinions on the reflectors. I don’t usually modify cars, but they are screaming out to me to be be replaced with clear units? What do you think? The originals will be kept safe of course!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also have 2 Jags! You can never have too many :)
This is how my little XKR looked until this Monday, when a suicidal deer decided to modify the front end. Hopefully insurance will sort it...
IMG_20180519_182428.jpg

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Jaguar have made and do make some beautiful cars. Congratulations both of you.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
XKR to me the best Jaguar ever. I love it 😍. I would buy one immediately if I had a lock up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts