Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Anyone know if jaguar would have to decouple or move the turbo downpipe when replacing NOX sensor on above XF variant? Had this work done the other week for the dreaded adblue quality warning on a 2016 RSport with 30k mls and owned from 9m old and now notice turbo downpipe connection joint is wet with oil as previous reported on this forum by GAV.

Cheers.

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
Hi. Anyone know if jaguar would have to decouple or move the turbo downpipe when replacing NOX sensor on above XF variant? Had this work done the other week for the dreaded adblue quality warning on a 2016 RSport with 30k mls and owned from 9m old and now notice turbo downpipe connection joint is wet with oil as previous reported on this forum by GAV.

Cheers.
No.

The Nox sensor is in the downpipe with the adblue injector, circled in yellow

The cat/DPF is locked to the turbo with a welded tab (2) which you have to cut with a grinder to separate. (workshop manual)

Mine seems clean enough.

You can see the tab on the top of the connection ring.

You may be able to nip up the nut at the bottom.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
20210613_073955.jpg thanks for the detailed reply. This is the coupling I was referring to after wipe. Will keep eye on it.

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
No problem.
That’s the pipe from the turbo to the inter cooler.

Will have a look at mine in the morning.

·
Registered
8,416 Posts

Mine is clean by the look of it.
I’d expect a bit of seepage as the air blown through this will contain oil vapours coming out of the crankcase

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
What amazes me is how poor the quality of finish is on parts is on the X260.

Tropicalised parts are breaking down, most of the black powder coating on suspension parts has failed and the associated fixings are pretty rusty.

Alloy suspension parts have a good layer of corrosion on them too.

·
Super Moderator
29,824 Posts
No different to the X250.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I've been told it's because of economics. The parts could be better protected, but at a greater component cost, which means an uncompetitive end user price for the car. Seems plausible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts