Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone tell me why my xf2008 jaguar as no power on hills had a fault code saying module was losing contact but guy in the garage said get a gearbox sevise any ideas

·
Registered
21,862 Posts
If it's never been done then do it anyway whether or not it cures this particular problem. It should set you back no more than £450 but a good indy will be less than that.
Recently did mine at £375.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Hi, I'm with John on this, if your mileage is over 70,000 a gearbox service will do it the world of good, it will have to learn your driving style again but will not take long. If you fill in your details, car engine and your location someone will probably be able to help you with local service centres etc; Phil

·
Administrator
30,009 Posts
You could also google ZX service centres - there might be one near you. Don't forget it is not just an oil change, but a filter too, which is integral to the plastic sump.

If you decide to have it flushed (which changes the residual oil in the torque converter too - a significant amount) then ensure it is a low pressure flush, not a high pressure one.

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would also recommend fitting a steel transmission sump with separate filter. Makes next oil change a lot cheaper as they don't need to remove cross brace like they do to remove the plastic one with the integrated filter.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,862 Posts
I would also recommend fitting a steel transmission sump with separate filter. Makes next oil change a lot cheaper as they don't need to remove cross brace like they do to remove the plastic one with the integrated filter.

Separate filter? Cross brace? On a X250?

·
Registered
21,862 Posts
Eg

How do you replace the filter without taking off the sump pan? And if the pan has to come off (meaning a new gasket) why wouldn't you replace the pan?
AFAIK, the biggest cost in changing the transmission oil is the oil itself. So, can't see the point.
And where is the cross brace that doesn't have to be removed if it's a steel pan?

·
Super Moderator
12,328 Posts
There's a huge ZF place in Nottingham:

ZF Services UK Limited
Nottingham Office, Headquarters
Abbeyfield Road
Lenton Industrial Estate
Nottingham NG7 2SX
United Kingdom

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I'm very sceptical about that steel 3rd party brand oil pan. No photos of where or how the replaceable filter fits or is changed without removing the whole sump? I think it uses the standard filter so the pan still has to be removed to change it and with a new gasket so not much of a saving there. More of an issue as the pan is sold via Ebay with no manufacturer or brand. The listing then says "the added reassurance that your OEM pan will not fail and leave you stranded on the roadside." Anyone ever heard of a 6HP26 transmission pan failing?

·
Administrator
30,009 Posts
Actually they were known to crack and leak with age.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi, I'm with John on this, if your mileage is over 70,000 a gearbox service will do it the world of good, it will have to learn your driving style again but will not take long. If you fill in your details, car engine and your location someone will probably be able to help you with local service centres etc; Phil
My post code is E15 1SY 2.u diesel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts