Jaguar Forum banner

The XF-S Portfolio is dead. Long live the New XF-S

37K views 231 replies 40 participants last post by  Statler 
#1 ·
As some of you may know, I had a fairly bad hit on my Classic XF-S Portfolio NSF Alloy - so much so that it cracked the alloy.

The car was towed to Peter Vardy Jaguar in Aberdeen, in the hope of getting a new alloy fitted today before resuming my journey to Cairnryan and onwards to Norn Irn.

First hurdle was that Jag dealers don't seem to hold stock of alloys - which I find baffling given the current state of roads - more so in Scotland. Two days would have been the earliest lead time. Not acceptable.

Next was DolphinFriendly's very kind offer to lend me his summer Draco wheels and tyres.

DF - a very fine offer indeed - and you should be commended for your actions towards other FM's.

I initially thought I was buying your wheels - but understandable that you would want to keep them for summer driving.

SO.......

While I was waiting for DF to turn up - I made the mistake of taking a look around the current stock.

Aye aye - what do I see, but a new style XF-S V6 3.0D - only just over a year old, and in Sapphire Blue (Steady Ric;))
Wish it was a Petrol, but the price was more than attractive, and the salesman Craig, made the deal all the sweeter.

To Craig at Peter Vardy Aberdeen - thank you so much.

A nice deal, and no urine was taken regarding the value for my old car.

All in all a fair trade - less the price of a new alloy and tyre.

Think I'll have this new motor for a while.

To anyone else - one good turn deserves another.

Craig is a decent bloke, knows his stuff - and knows how to sweeten the deal. My good lady is looking forward to getting tucked into the cheeky bottle of Prosseco.:)

Can't get photos uploaded on Stena's wi-fi - so will post some up tomorrow when I get a chance

See less See more
Reactions: Majagua
#3 ·
Helluva way to replace a duff wheel, hope you enjoy it and have better luck.:D

#4 ·
Hey! Great news, Alan!
As I know only too well, every cloud has a silver lining.
Photos as soon as you can, eh?

Sent from my Nexus 10 and an XJ . . . ☺

#5 ·
Ha so that's what you were eluding to your new toy ;)
Congrats, some people will go to extremes to get a new car though, but this wins the prize ;)
Enjoy, looking forward to the pics...

#27 ·
Woooooaaaaaaa!!

I go away for Easter and Allan writes an adventure novel lol

Sorry to hear of your car woes, BUT welcome to the Blue & modern Jag club [emoji41]

I'll let you off the dirty DERV drivetrain for now, but not sure how long [emoji6]

Looks the biz mate - can you get to Duxford? ? ?

Sent from my 'Awesome Bluefire XE'

#14 ·
That’s a sweet looking car Allan.
Just shows every cloud and all that.

Congratulations.

#15 ·
Bit of an extreme measure to get your Lady to buy into the need to change the car, not just the wheel, but I do like your tactics. Now, could I work that one on my good lady, and a newer car. :D

#17 ·
Bit extreme to buy a new car because you cracked an alloy ;)

Looks great though, but it is a shame it’s a diesel. As long as you’re happy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
Extreme indeed, like buying a new house because the fuse is gone but I like your style Allan. New car looks lovely.

#22 ·
Must be the most expensive replacement wheel of all time. Good looking motor and good to hear you had a good deal.

#24 ·
Congratulations Allan, this is an amazing turn around. Yesterday's anger and despondency followed by smiles and hopefully a satisfied grin today. Safe travels and enjoy your new car.

Well done to DF for the help and support. Going the extra mile for another member is something to be proud of.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#26 · (Edited)
Great outcome Allan. Maybe I should go looking for a deep pothole :)

PS I don't suppose the local council will foot the bill for your new car though lol

Meanwhile here's a video to make us all feel good. Clue - he loves his Jag. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLzpXA6ntjU

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.