19,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Solved!
Hands up who wants to know what it was. :confused:

Sent from my Nexus 10 and an XJ Portfolio. . . ☺

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
I've just remembered that I've got to defluff my navel John.. I'm sure someone will be along in a minute....

:laugh:

Reactions: googsy1

·
Registered
19,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I've just remembered that I've got to defluff my navel John.. I'm sure someone will be along in a minute...
That's it! I'm not telling YOU now. So close your eyes . . . . before my next post . .

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
Come on man.. the suspense is killing me!!...

·
19,190 Posts
Was it a wayward mouse?

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
The seat belt clasp...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
It was . . . . the . . . . .

. . exhaust! More specifically, and ironically (I think), the quad tip. :rolleyes:
Ever so lightly, the nearside one was rubbing/bumping against the inside of the cutout in the valance. I only sussed it when I noticed a bright line in the dirt on the stainless tip. There is not a mark on the plastic bodywork. But after moving it away, squeak has gone and sanity has returned.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Solved!
Hands up who wants to know what it was. :confused:

Sent from my Nexus 10 and an XJ Portfolio. . .

Sent from BLUE heaven using Tapatalk

·
Banned
70 Posts

. . exhaust! More specifically, and ironically (I think), the quad tip. :rolleyes:
Ever so lightly, the nearside one was rubbing/bumping against the inside of the cutout in the valance. I only sussed it when I noticed a bright line in the dirt on the stainless tip. There is not a mark on the plastic bodywork. But after moving it away, squeak has gone and sanity has returned.

Shes left you :giggle:

·
Registered
7,394 Posts

Sent from my Nexus 10 and an XJ Portfolio. . .
Isn’t that just a typical example of how well sound can travel.
Well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,844 Posts
You can nudge the tips over by undoing three bolts that hold the silencer box.

But you’d need to remove the tips to access the bolts.

As it’s been pointed out before, there isn’t a single XJ that has left the factory with straight pipes or straight tips.

·
Super Moderator
11,798 Posts
As it’s been pointed out before, there isn’t a single XJ that has left the factory with straight pipes or straight tips.

Probably because they know there'd be the "F'ing Annoying Squeak" previousy mentioned :D

·
Registered
19,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
You can nudge the tips over by undoing three bolts that hold the silencer box.

But you’d need to remove the tips to access the bolts.

It only needed a few millimeters so I was able to "adjust" the tips with a grunt. Plus did the same the other side to balance them up. If anyone insists, I can post a photo . . . . :eek:

·
Administrator
28,515 Posts
No pics, never happened, lol.

·
Registered
10,844 Posts
Surely you will need some new quad pics anyway John?

Otherwise, if you post quad pics from your current library, you will just “know” that they are a few mm out.

·
Administrator
28,515 Posts
Gratuitously filthy. :p

21 - 40 of 60 Posts