Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, over the last eight months I have noticed that if I put name tags into the phone part of Jaguar Voice it doesn't retain them so I am unable to use the voice dialling, I have put the name tags in quite a few times over the last couple of months but the list is always empty when I come to use them. All other functions work normally, it picks up my phone when I get in the car and tranfers the phonebook, it just won't retain the phone tags. Do you think a new head unit is in order? Phil

·
Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,391 Posts
No, just stop driving distracted by making phone calls and driving at the same time! ;)

In all seriousness, wasn't it only the early cars that had Jaguar Voice enabled and the system was disabled on later cars due to poor operation so Jaguar essentially dropped it? My old 2010 Classic XF didn't have it enabled, nor does my XKR (same infotainment). Doesn't a head unit need coding to the car? And you'd need to ensure the one you got had Jaguar Voice enabled? Question marks, as I don't know.

·
Registered
24,778 Posts
My XJ has "Jaguar Voice". Making a call is very long-winded so I just pick up my phone and have mastered the art of steering with my elbows while typing in a name or number.
But again, seriously, it just recognises the name from the phone book (if you say it clearly enough) so I'm unclear what is meant by a "phone tag".

·
Registered
10,972 Posts
No, just stop driving distracted by making phone calls and driving at the same time! ;)

In all seriousness, wasn't it only the early cars that had Jaguar Voice enabled and the system was disabled on later cars due to poor operation so Jaguar essentially dropped it? My old 2010 Classic XF didn't have it enabled, nor does my XKR (same infotainment). Doesn't a head unit need coding to the car? And you'd need to ensure the one you got had Jaguar Voice enabled? Question marks, as I don't know.
Jaguar voice is embedded in facelift X250's and possibly pre-facelift's?, just not enabled as standard, a 'simple' ccf job in SDD.. head unit's don't need to be programmed to the car.

Reactions: cutlea01
1 - 4 of 4 Posts