Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I’m new to the forum having owned my Jaguar XF since Wednesday....have been reading the forum posts for weeks lol, first on the list after changing the footwell bulbs to match the ambient lighting was to do a bit of a detail using hybrid ceramic polish black and hybrid ceramic wax black, it’s taken me all weekend and a lot of patience and perseverance but I am so impressed with the results I thought I would share them with you as my way of saying thank you to the forum for providing me with such amazing insight, ideas and research whilst I looked for my next toy 😁👍

·
Registered
20,471 Posts
Very liquid.
Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: T1 Jaguar

·
Super Moderator
30,051 Posts
Welcome aboard, that really is some serious shine 😍

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Hello & welcome, stay safe. That’s a very good finish you have put on that, good luck trying to keep it that shiny.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, the ceramic coating should last 6 months to a year so hopefully she stays like this and will only require light washes to remove any loose dirt.... that’s the plan anyway lol 😁👍

·
Registered
14 Posts
I used the same product last week with excellent results. Quite a few comments from coworkers and some obvious rubber necking when driving around.

·
19,741 Posts
Welcome T1,

Glad the forum has been of some help to you already.

Good job on the detail(y)

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That’s some job you have done! Looks fantastic.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Well impressed by that finish, the depth is amazing. Assuming it needs some sort of paint prep before application? To be honest I've not heard of hybrid ceramic polish but thanks for sharing, that'll be on my shopping list when I'm next in town.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Welcome to the forum If mine shone like that I wouldn't dare drive it, I would oust the furniture and put it in the lounge

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you 😊 haha who needs furniture FCS when you can sit in the Jag lol 😂.

BrianRC - Pre-prep was two bucket method wash and clay bar.... then just painstakingly polishing panel by panel, it’s actually really easy polish to use, wait 24 hours to cure, (must not get wet) then applying the hybrid wax and waiting 24 hours for that to cure (also must not get wet). 👍

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Welcome aboard T1, looking like you've done a proper job there.

·
Registered
934 Posts
That looks absolutely superb! Welcome to the forum :)

David.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
These are the products, I believe they are from the premium detail line from turtle wax, I’ve also bought their maintenance wash and wax for my weekend morning washes. 😁👍

There’s a guy on YouTube called “Pan the Organizer” who did a review on these products, that’s when I decided to get these and give them a try lol.....can’t remember the clay bar kit as it’s what I had left over from my Merc but I believe it was the Meguires clay bar kit if that helps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts