Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea what the dealer i bought my car from dressed (sprayed on every possible surface too) the interior with, but most of the buttons in the Jag are getting tacky. All I can find when searching is how to strip the goo off them when they get bad, and not anything to stop the tacky feel. I experimented with a small amount of clear lacquer on the Dynamic button and ASL button and its dryed surprisingly well (unfortunately there were some marks on the Dynamic button so not perfect by any means).
I'm tempted to try some matt or satin clear lacquer on the rest if I can find some.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
That’s what I did on the grips of my old Canon DSLR. It worked ok.

What about some Grtechniq C4 sealer for plastic and rubber?

That worked really well on the rubber bumpers of my Midget.

There is another thread on this running if you look in it, you may get some more ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I’ve always thought the rubbery black interior buttons were the worst and most incomprehensible change in the facelift because of exactly this reason. Seems to happen sooner to cars in hot climate and/or with drivers using the buttons with sun cream or other creams on their fingers.

This pops up every now and then in the Facebook XF groups and there seem to be several solutions to it, all basically in terms of runbing the goo off with the help of some cleaning product.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts