Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is thinking about upgrading their pulley, I highly recommend getting a pulley puller like this, its actually for a Mini Cooper S, but it fits the 5.0l sc fine.
First wind of the nut and it started coming off with a brief crack, then wound all the way off with ease.

·
17,749 Posts
Looks a substantial bit of kit, that's up to the job.
Some pullers I've used, you'd think were made from butter.:confused:

You mind telling us how much it was?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It cost £60, I used a 30mm spanner against the steel bar to brace it and a 24mm ratchet spanner on the nut.
The pulley came off so easy, which I was surprised about. All the videos I watched online ended up with the pulley being cut off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, the two bolts that came with it are not long enough, they needed to clear the nose of the pulley by a further 10mm so I used some M10x50 bolts.

·
17,749 Posts
It cost £60, I used a 30mm spanner against the steel bar to brace it and a 24mm ratchet spanner on the nut.
The pulley came off so easy, which I was surprised about. All the videos I watched online ended up with the pulley being cut off.
M10 and M16 then - that should give plenty of ability. You'd have to go some to strip the threads of a M16 thread.

As for using spanners - its amazing the torques achieved if you use both spanners together. and tighten or loosen in both hands.

Watching people using spanners 180 degrees apart makes me cringe if/when one of them slips

1 - 5 of 5 Posts