Jaguar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
It’s annoying that these cars don’t have a low coolant alarm or temperature sensor that you can keep an eye on.

Glad you caught yours before it emptied the reservoir though and that it’s a simple fix :)

David.
It did eventually trigger a low coolant warning David... when there was pretty much nothing left in the reservoir!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Parts have arrived but they won't get round to fitting them till tomorrow. Not the end of the world but I would like it back before the weekend as the weather is looking pretty good.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Apparently there’s a leak behind the water pump? Not even sure what that means.

Not looking likely to be ready today. Great.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Just googled leak behind water pump. There’s mention of the timing cover corroding. That sounds like a big job if it is.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Stop finding stuff wrong! I have 2 of these engines......sort of. What with mention of timing chain wear (apparently they don't stretch), fuel pump failure, supercharger multiple failure issues, cam follower failure, cooling system leaks and now corroding timing covers o_O

Reactions: Sdotk

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Stop finding stuff wrong! I have 2 of these engines......sort of. What with mention of timing chain wear (apparently they don't stretch), fuel pump failure, supercharger multiple failure issues, cam follower failure, cooling system leaks and now corroding timing covers o_O
LOL sorry Alan!

I too hope it’s not that, but seeing as they mentioned it’s behind the water pump that’s the only other explanation I can find.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
doesnt the v8 suffer from a failed valley pipe? Hope it’s not this!
You called it Gav.

Original leak rectified and further leak found post test drive (was it really rectified though???). Leak found to be from pipes under the supercharger.

Parts should be ordered today, car should be back by middle of next week I hope. Unless they find other issues!

• Love
Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
12,887 Posts
You called it Gav.

Original leak rectified and further leak found post test drive (was it really rectified though???). Leak found to be from pipes under the supercharger.

Parts should be ordered today, car should be back by middle of next week I hope. Unless they find other issues!
Bet you're glad it's under warranty Saqib !
Hope you get your beast back soon.....

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Bet you're glad it's under warranty Saqib !
Hope you get your beast back soon.....
Oh yes! And to think I almost didn’t renew last year as I didn’t use it the year before.

Don’t think they’ll be much of a debate about it this year.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I've not claimed off mine in 2 years now and have been having the same argument with myself. I just keep saying that it's just storing it's problems up for me so keep renewing it! 😂

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I've not claimed off mine in 2 years now and have been having the same argument with myself. I just keep saying that it's just storing it's problems up for me so keep renewing it!
That’s exactly it, just takes one decent sized claim for it to be worthwhile.

I also think the vast majority of the cost is offset by the added piece of mind.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I agree - it's nice knowing every time you mash the loud pedal that if it goes bang it's not my problem :D

I don't even mind the idea of doing work on mine myself but it's the cost of the parts that makes the warranty worthwhile. I've got a couple of jobs to get done on mine under warranty at the moment... Supercharger snout and rear door latch occasionally throws a wobbler. It's nice knowing they won't cost me anything.

David.

Reactions: ChrisSB and Sdotk

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Sorry you are going through all these problems. Hope it is sorted shortly. Thanks for helping me justify renewing my Extended Warranty! Mine is due in a few weeks, and spending £1,200 isn't cheap (especially as I have not made any claim recently). One engine issue and it will cover multiple years paid in. And means I can sleep at night!!!

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Reactions: dhallworth

·
Registered
23,391 Posts
Well I've just justified the £1600 I forked out for the extended warranty on mine with the rear crank seal replacement.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
There’s a lad over on the Facebook Group that’s just had one of his catalytic converters covered by his warranty too.

1 cat was less then 12 months warranty.

David.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Additional repair has just been authorised by extended warranty (not sure why it wasn’t done on Friday?). Parts should arrive and hopefully be fitted tomorrow unless they’re on back order. Feels like this has really dragged now but it’s only been a week!

I think they misdiagnosed the water pump and it was actually the pipes they’re changing now that the leak was coming from.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I still remember when mine was off the road for 6 weeks within 72 hours of buying it!

Hopefully it's a quick fix once the parts have arrived!

David.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I still remember when mine was off the road for 6 weeks within 72 hours of buying it!

Hopefully it's a quick fix once the parts have arrived!

David.
Thanks David, puts the car being away for just a week into perspective!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
They broke a pipe while removing supercharger, part ordered, will arrive tomorrow and car should be ready to collect tomorrow. It’s never ending!!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
It's not going to help... but... at least they've admitted to it!

It's also one less plastic pipe to break at a later date and they're replacing it free of charge :)

Hopefully you do get it back tomorrow! I don't drive mine very often but even when it's not outside ready to go it still annoys me!

Reactions: Sdotk
41 - 60 of 91 Posts