Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My worry is they try to wriggle out of paying by suggesting the pipes (if it is that) have failed due to age related wear and tear.

“Deterioration such as discolouration, alteration or deforming of parts due to normal ageing”

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
And I finally have a car!!

It’s actually really well spec’d. Loads of toys and kit on it. I especially like the ride height drop when dynamic is selected.

·
Registered
23,389 Posts
XC60 or 90?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
XC60 or 90?

XC60, 90 would have been nice but probably a little overkill.

My daughter will be disappointed, she thought we’d have a Ferrari, Lamborghini or Porsche for a little while…

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Good luck with the warranty.
Thank you.

I've had a call from them saying they will try and start investigations today, if not tomorrow at the latest (they have 48 hours to get going), with any luck I should be out of the Volvo by the weekend.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
JLR have terminated the hire vehicle as of later on today. I don’t know if that means it’s fixed and ready to collect or if the repair is not covered by warranty.

The service advisor works 9:30-2:30 so I won’t know for at least another 15 mins.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Just called jaguar, they had no idea it’s been terminated. Bit of miscommunication by the looks of it.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Right so it’s the water pump that’s gone, parts being ordered today. Should be ready tomorrow.

It was replaced in 2019 so I’m surprised it’s gone again? Oh and they’re changing the ancillary and supercharger belts too, I assume they can’t be reused once they’re off the car.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Yes they can be reused, unless there's sign of damage or they're unknown age so may as well be changed while they're off. If you know they're recently changed tell them to not replace them.

·
Registered
2014 F-Type S V6 coupe most of the fruit and a few mods.
3,929 Posts
Right so it’s the water pump that’s gone, parts being ordered today. Should be ready tomorrow.

It was replaced in 2019 so I’m surprised it’s gone again? Oh and they’re changing the ancillary and supercharger belts too, I assume they can’t be reused once they’re off the car.
From all reports the water (coolant) pump is problematic on the AJ133 V8 and AJ126 V6, apparently they have gone through four designs so far, I suspect the rattle I have in my F-Type could be that pump.
AFAIK the SC and ancillary belts can be reused unless they have started to perish/crack but if they are being replaced FOC under warranty I would not complain.

Reactions: Sdotk

·
Registered
23,389 Posts
Yes they can be reused, unless there's sign of damage or they're unknown age so may as well be changed while they're off. If you know they're recently changed tell them to not replace them.
Why would he do that when (I assume) the warranty is paying for it?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
From all reports the water (coolant) pump is problematic on the AJ133 V8 and AJ126 V6, apparently they have gone through four designs so far, I suspect the rattle I have in my F-Type could be that pump.
AFAIK the SC and ancillary belts can be reused unless they have started to perish/crack but if they are being replaced FOC under warranty I would not complain.
I hope the 4th finally solves the problem and is the one I’m getting!

The belts were also replaced in 2019 (not at the same time) as part of the big spark plug service. But yes as they are being changed under warranty I’ll let them carry on I think.

Coincidentally, the “drive belt” (ancillary?) is meant to be changed later this year as part of the 9 year service. I’ll ask them to skip it to reduce the cost a bit.

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Oops, forgot it was being worked on under warranty. Change all the bits they're happy to supply!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
It’s annoying that these cars don’t have a low coolant alarm or temperature sensor that you can keep an eye on.

Glad you caught yours before it emptied the reservoir though and that it’s a simple fix :)

David.

21 - 40 of 91 Posts