Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
27,432 Posts
The fact that many of those options ARE options on a car with a base price of over £75k (like rear camera, keyless, memory packs, sunvisors with mirrors FFS) is frankly disgraceful. Go spec a Golf or Seat or Hyundai or whatever for less than half the price - and they all come as standard.

The prestige marques, JLR included, deserve a drubbing for this. These features are, in the main, very simple, (and very very cheap) little boxes of electronics that just plug in to the canbus.

I don't know how they get away with it. Not doing it any more, myself.

·
Super Moderator
26,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I do agree. It’s really surprised me the things missing from the car I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Fark. And that’s with nothing flash like carbon trim or ceramic brakes.

EE11C2E9-C149-484A-B2E3-133616BC9AD4.jpg

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
That was kept quiet. XJ only available in V6 diesel now. :(

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
All. V8 dropped from the XJ in the UK.
Not very fitting for a 50th anniversary :crazy3:

Chris, hardly any BRG F Types - for convertibles it's much more scarce - white one and respray or buy one now before it's too late :eek:

·
Super Moderator
26,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
The fact that many of those options ARE options on a car with a base price of over £75k (like rear camera, keyless, memory packs, sunvisors with mirrors FFS) is frankly disgraceful. Go spec a Golf or Seat or Hyundai or whatever for less than half the price - and they all come as standard.

The prestige marques, JLR included, deserve a drubbing for this. These features are, in the main, very simple, (and very very cheap) little boxes of electronics that just plug in to the canbus.

I don't know how they get away with it. Not doing it any more, myself.
+1!
These days the "base" new F-Type, even the V6, is pretty much a "stripper" with almost all the good stuff missing, it's much worse now than it was four or five years ago when the F-Type first came out.
My F-Type has all of the options listed by Chris and more, except for carbon fibre in and out.
I worked out that the base price of mine back in early 2015 was approx $160,000 AU and it had approx $60,000 (!!!) of options on it, new price somewhere around $220,000.
I got mine less than two years old and in near new condition for a helluva lot less than that.
Point is, you are burning money if you buy a new F-Type with most of the desirable options and it makes infinitely more sense to buy one around two years old that has already taken a massive depreciation hit of around 40%.

·
Administrator
25,916 Posts
That was kept quiet. XJ only available in V6 diesel now. :(
Yep....if you want a 6 cylinder petrol powered Jag you have to buy an F-Type. I wonder how long it'll be before they drop the 340bhp option now that there's a 300bhp 4 cylinder with similar performance?

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
Yep....if you want a 6 cylinder petrol powered Jag you have to buy an F-Type. I wonder how long it'll be before they drop the 340bhp option now that there's a 300bhp 4 cylinder with similar performance?
Just seems daft that they’re suffering the wrath of the anti-diesel government, and react to it by cutting the petrol engines options :facepalm8:

·
Administrator
25,916 Posts
Just seems daft that they’re suffering the wrath of the anti-diesel government, and react to it by cutting the petrol engines options :facepalm8:
With no sign of the Ingenium 6 cylinder on the horizon either.:(

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I like that one. Not far from me either. Although well out of my price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
691 Posts
This F-Type was on the Sturgess stand at the Leicester Car Show on Sunday. No XF or XJ were on show though, F-Pace and E-Pace along with various LR models were present along with other makes they sell.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts