Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

Registered
馃彺鬆仹鬆仮鬆伋鬆仯鬆伌鬆伩X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
Have you measured the battery voltage 15mins after switch off?

Registered
Have you measured the battery voltage 15mins after switch off?
This might be a stupid question, but how to measure/charge the battery in the x260? I notice a positive charge spot in the engine bay, yet the battery is in the boot? Is it just a relay connection to the battery in the rear?

I want to try to charge mine to see if the SS starts working.

Registered
Yes you could use the jump start point as it鈥檚 directly connected to the battery

Registered
2015 - XF (x260) - Portfolio D
Just learnt something new as well. Didn鈥檛 know there was a new air con refrigerant type!
Apparently the my jag uses R1234yf type which is in most obvious places that I looked over 拢110 to top up!

Registered

Registered
2017 XF 2.0D Portfolio
Discussion Starter #28
Oh ok. Interesting. Mine does not work even with AC off 馃様
Could be a battery issue.
I understand batteries are the number one cause of SS problems.
I've been told the car runs a diagnostic routine that can calculate the condition of the battery. If battery capacity is calculated to be below a certain level SS is disabled. Not sure if this is actually correct, but it has a certain logic to it.

Registered
2017 XF 2.0D Portfolio
Discussion Starter #29
Just learnt something new as well. Didn鈥檛 know there was a new air con refrigerant type!
Apparently the my jag uses R1234yf type which is in most obvious places that I looked over 拢110 to top up!
拢110 sounds pretty good. Apparently my re-gas cost 拢160.

Registered
Could be a battery issue.
I understand batteries are the number one cause of SS problems.
I've been told the car runs a diagnostic routine that can calculate the condition of the battery. If battery capacity is calculated to be below a certain level SS is disabled. Not sure if this is actually correct, but it has a certain logic to it.
Yes true ss depends on lots of things battery condition, air con demand , power demand.
even turning your steering whilst stopped will start the engine.
@Hybrice might be worth charging your battery and resetting the BMS

Registered
拢110 sounds pretty good. Apparently my re-gas cost 拢160.
Yeah but considering 鈥檔ormal鈥 is around 拢50.... :(

Registered
Ok so, I've tired:
1. Reconditioning battery with CTEK trickle charger
2. Turning off AC

Still no joy, Auto S/S never engages, no clue what could be wrong? Is there a fuse for the module or anything like that?

Super Moderator
Personally, if the car deceloped a fault that stopped the SS from working, I would see that as a positive and leave it 馃榿

Registered
Personally, if the car deceloped a fault that stopped the SS from working, I would see that as a positive and leave it
That may be a positive to some people, but bet your bottom dollar trading in or selling would reduce residual value LOL

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
That may be a positive to some people, but bet your bottom dollar trading in or selling would reduce residual value LOL

Have you ever bought a car and checked that it works 馃ぃ

Registered
Have you ever bought a car and checked that it works
Not second hand, but was a tad perturbed when it stopped working on my first XE.....AND I knew I would be trading it in at some point

Super Moderator
Not second hand, but was a tad perturbed when it stopped working on my first XE.....AND I knew I would be trading it in at some point

I can turn it off in the menu preferences on the M5 (bottom one in the pic) suffice to say it鈥檚 off 馃榿
25E9998B-4C34-45C2-A6E1-C7DEF6E1FB38.jpeg

Reactions: Rigger

Registered
I can turn it off in the menu preferences on the M5 (bottom one in the pic) suffice to say it鈥檚 off View attachment 185830
Interesting, does it stay off after locking and getting back in? I think most motors with it, can turn it off when initially starting each journey

LOL I really don't mind it at all

Super Moderator
Interesting, does it stay off after locking and getting back in? I think most motors with it, can turn it off when initially starting each journey

LOL I really don't mind it at all

When configured yes, there is also a SS override button underneath the engine start button, that resets though at the start of each journey

Registered
Made sure it worked when I test drove the xfr as its an easy way to confirm batteries etc are OK.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts