Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping to buy an XJ in the near future, and I'm just having a bit of trouble working out what comes as standard and what the extras are. I'm probably looking at a 2014, as I think there was an upgrade to standard spec on that year. Is there a list anywhere of what is standard? Also, what is the difference between ACC and cruse control with automatic speed limiter? On one guide I've seen, it says you can set the distance of the gap to the car in front with the cruse control with speed limiter? I thought that was just on ACC.

·
Registered
24,778 Posts
Hi Rowan. Welcome to the forum.
What trim level is it? They have names like Premium Luxury, Portfolio and Autobiography. This will help identify what bells and whistles it should have. Would be interesting to know which engine it has.
As for the cruise control and ACC (adaptive cruise control), it's the latter that can be set to control distance to the car you're following. Speed limiter is just that - set a speed and you can't go any quicker unless you disengage it or kick-down the accelerator.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rowan. Welcome to the forum.
What trim level is it? They have names like Premium Luxury, Portfolio and Autobiography. This will help identify what bells and whistles it should have. Would be interesting to know which engine it has.
As for the cruise control and ACC (adaptive cruise control), it's the latter that can be set to control distance to the car you're following. Speed limiter is just that - set a speed and you can't go any quicker unless you disengage it or kick-down the accelerator.
[/QUOTE

Hi John, thanks for the reply. I should have said, I'm looking at a Portfolio as I'm wanting as many gadgets with it as budget will allow, although I keep getting tempted to increase that budget! And it's the 3l I'm wanting. Haven't seen a particular car yet, still browsing.

That was my understanding of the ACC vs Speed limiter. Just, from what I read a one page, made me wonder if I had got it wrong.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you are happy with a diesel, the Autobiography is the way to go as it has everything (bar ACC, the lone option).

If you want a petrol, then you can't have an Autobiography because the next one to come to market is mine.

If you are looking at an earlier car (2011-2015) then the Portfolio is the top of the range (the Ultimate had better back seats, but only two of them) but you need a brochure, as there was a ton of options.

·
Registered
Battery powered superhero
5,391 Posts
Nar, the 575 is best.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts