Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I am considering buying an F-Pace from an authorised dealer and noticed in the vehicle, there is next to nothing under the carpet in the boot. Not even a space saver tyre. Dealer says it's an injection thing. I thought space saver was the compromise but sounds like they've cheeped out yet again. Also I don't see any tools. I've asked the dealer and was told there isn't anything missing.

Do any of you F-Pace owners know what I would normally find under the carpet in the polystyrene tray? There are a left and right section and looks lie a small canister in one side but little else. There's a massive flat indent in the middle ≠which is empty. A bit concerned as I'm paying a high price for this and not buying it from an auction or private seller. So keen to make sure I'm not missing something crucial.

As I'm meant to be completing on the sale very very soon, I'd appreciate any information urgently.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
11,212 Posts
In ours (2020 Chequered Flag) there was nothing bar a towing eye, a wheel lock key, a pump and a bottle of tyre goo.
Generally you don't get a space saver unless it was specified at birth.

It's the same with my MY17 XF and our current i-Pace

Don't be too disheartened, it's a great car.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Statler. That's a bit reassuring if only exemplifying how these main dealers are trimming back the 'fat'. Nice timing too as I'm picking up tomorrow and won't feel too hard done by if the dealer doesn't populate that tray much more. I was never a fan of space-saver tyres as they never seem to give you any more space anyway.

I'm looking forward to picking up - seems like a lovely vehicle. I went for the 3.0 V6 Diesel which is very similar to the performance of my current car My only reservation is that that I'll be losing (part-ex). A 2013 XJ. This has been the best car I've ever owned, reliable, and not expensive at all to service and keep on the road. The F-Pace is not the same target market. But I will probably stop reminiscing my loss the moment the UK gets hit with snow.

Thanks again for the assurance. Tomorrow will be both a really happy and quite upsetting day.

·
Registered
11,212 Posts
One thing for the future, we had 20” wheels and I put a set of Pirelli Scorpion Zero all season tyres on it.

They wore extremely well, were quiet and gave great grip summer and winter.

Worth considering the all season route if you’re somewhere with challenging winter conditions.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is even more reassuring. The one I have has 22" wheels and Pirelli Scorpions on-board. I was a bit concerned about the wheel size. I mean they look absolute monsters but worried the ride will be too harsh, and also higher risk of curbing the things. I would have gladly opted for 20" but I've taken what's included.

I'm very pleased to hear yours have worn well. For too long I was sticking lower-end premium tyres on my XJ and they weren't lasting. The higher priced ones are far better value as they simply cope with the vehicle well.

I'm actually quite looking forward to testing these tyres in proper winter conditions. We don't get a lot of snow in the south but I'm keen to see how the F-Pace on these tyres, and my driving skills all come together.

·
Firm Rampant Member
23,116 Posts
Hi there,
I am considering buying an F-Pace from an authorised dealer and noticed in the vehicle, there is next to nothing under the carpet in the boot. Not even a space saver tyre. Dealer says it's an injection thing. I thought space saver was the compromise but sounds like they've cheeped out yet again. Also I don't see any tools. I've asked the dealer and was told there isn't anything missing.

Do any of you F-Pace owners know what I would normally find under the carpet in the polystyrene tray? There are a left and right section and looks lie a small canister in one side but little else. There's a massive flat indent in the middle ≠which is empty. A bit concerned as I'm paying a high price for this and not buying it from an auction or private seller. So keen to make sure I'm not missing something crucial.

As I'm meant to be completing on the sale very very soon, I'd appreciate any information urgently.

Thanks for your help
Do any of you F-Pace owners know what I would normally find under the carpet in the polystyrene tray?

Water... no that's the xf.

As you were.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts