Jaguar Forum banner
121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
That’s Allan stuck in Benidorm for at least the next six weeks....

Show some compassion Wilf...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
20,074 Posts
Still no leaks. Brent crude now down over $6 a barrel. The commodity traders must read this forum.
Wilf, with all due sincerity and respect,

GIT ;)

·
Administrator
29,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Full capitals eh? :p

·
20,074 Posts

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
11,940 Posts
So that means cheaper fuel prices then, pah rise like a rocket fall like a feather :rolleyes:

Reactions: googsy1

·
20,074 Posts
So that means cheaper fuel prices then, pah rise like a rocket fall like a feather :rolleyes:
Why do you think I bought the S? Keep myself in a job ;)

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
best find some leaks soon Wilf, otherwise you will need to spend more time indoors, and that gets more expensive :D
I was about to laugh at that Ian but then I though.. No, he's got a bloody good point!!... :rolleyes:

:D

·
Administrator
29,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Well, today I had to pull the distributor as it was jamming at full advance, giving rise to some interesting running characteristics.

No biggy, just needed stripping, cleaning, lubricating and reassembling, all is good now.

However, as I reversed the car out of the garage to go for a test run I found this, I think we can say "normal service has been resumed":

Attachments

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Noooooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
11,940 Posts
Well, today I had to pull the distributor as it was jamming at full advance, giving rise to some interesting running characteristics.

No biggy, just needed stripping, cleaning, lubricating and reassembling, all is good now.

However, as I reversed the car out of the garage to go for a test run I found this, I think we can say "normal service has been resumed":
Did you cut yourself whilst reinstall the distributor?

Reactions: googsy1

·
20,074 Posts
Thank feck!!!!Brent crude prices are on the up again...... :p

·
Administrator
29,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Sorry mate, despite my best efforts to reinstall oil leaks, Brent crude is down again to $56.6/barrel just now. That is $10 down from when I first "cured" the leaks.

Although, to be honest, that drip was all that was there after a week............

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Right, who sneaked round and syringed the oil onto the floor? :D

·
Administrator
29,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
When I pulled the distributor before to "unstick" the advance mechanism, I noticed that the control springs were past their best, so source a new set form "The Distributor Doctor) (no connection, but would recommend for classics owners).

So this morning I uprooted said distributor again and fitted the new ones. Pics show the offending items, plus the whole thing complete with oil pump drive shaft. (which comes out with it).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,306 Posts
So this morning I uprooted said distributor again and fitted the new ones. Pics show the offending items, plus the whole thing complete with oil pump drive shaft. (which comes out with it).
70's Ford V4's and V6's are like that, Granada, Transit etc., hexagonal drive shaft distributor to oil pump, useless information I know but they did tend to go round at one end, eventually, so might be worth replacing Wilf?

·
Administrator
29,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Good spot Geoff, but I did check it last time, it was fine, no signs of it rounding off. And, believe it or not, I have never seen it mentioned in "stag circles". Must be the one thing BL got right.

On Yank V8s, people who will insist on fitting "high volume, high pressure" aftermarket oil pumps on engines with street bearing clearances often end up with pump drive shafts that are twisted into scrap.

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Good job there Wilf.
Glad to see you've a red rotor arm on there.

I looked at the Distributor Doctor but went with Powerspark electronic replacements in the end. They build them new in reproduction alloy bodies.
Can't be bothered with the mechanical eletronics of the originals. Condensers are so hit and miss these days.

·
Administrator
29,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
Tru dat, Buttercup has Lumenition system, how old is anyone's guess. Pondering the wisdom of taking a spare with me to Lemons.

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Wise thing.
I'll be dropping the old distributor and a timing light in the boot for the trip to Donington

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
What's a 'distributor'.. is it like a really old thing then?....

:duck:

:D

121 - 140 of 144 Posts