Jaguar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 98 Posts
Now I'm retired the neighbours are no longer subjected to the xfr leaving at 06:00 on weekdays, I'm sure they miss it!!!!
Lol, I remember those days, the XFR engine gives itself a few revs on start up and holds it for a bit

My XFR has been leaving at 02:30 for the past couple of weeks, I know it has woken my dad up twice and the car is parked further away from out house than some neighbours! Waiting for a complaint... 🤣

Hi all, I appreciate all of your input. My situation has now changed
I'm not having the 3.0 V6 now, instead I'm having a 4.2 na still in Frost Blue though and it has 19" Grey Jaguar Alloys on it with Red Centre Caps and it looks like a different beast altogether. I think I shall have to get some all weather tyres on it though before next winter because I think it has summer tyres on it, Michelin Pilot Sport 4. I imagine with it being a V8 petrol then with Quicksilver quads it should give more emphasis to the deep V8 burble. Does the Quicksilver crackle when you take your foot off the gas when slowing down?

Hi all, I appreciate all of your input. My situation has now changed
I'm not having the 3.0 V6 now, instead I'm having a 4.2 na still in Frost Blue though and it has 19" Grey Jaguar Alloys on it with Red Centre Caps and it looks like a different beast altogether. I think I shall have to get some all weather tyres on it though before next winter because I think it has summer tyres on it, Michelin Pilot Sport 4. I imagine with it being a V8 petrol then with Quicksilver quads it should give more emphasis to the deep V8 burble. Does the Quicksilver crackle when you take your foot off the gas when slowing down?
The Quicksilver exhausts did just that on my XFR :)

The Quicksilver exhausts did just that on my XFR :)
I made a decision and it's booked in for the Spires Stage 2 system. I haven't heard any na 4.2s with the Spires stage 2 but Matt from Spires has said that the 4.2 na and the SV8 on the stage 2 sound the same as far as the V8 Engine sound goes.I know that with the SV8 there is also the sound from the supercharger. I'm looking forward to it.

You'll get more induction roar on the nasp engine. The supercharger muffles it massively.

I made a decision and it's booked in for the Spires Stage 2 system. I haven't heard any na 4.2s with the Spires stage 2 but Matt from Spires has said that the 4.2 na and the SV8 on the stage 2 sound the same as far as the V8 Engine sound goes.I know that with the SV8 there is also the sound from the supercharger. I'm looking forward to it.
I wouldn’t expect a na engine to sound any different to a supercharged engine, no restriction in the exhaust, unlike turbocharged engines.
you may hear some sc whine on a 4.2, but the 5.0’s were muted of sc whine

I've just noticed that our stay at home orders are supposed to be eased on 5th April, with a bit of luck, England will be around the same time. Then, after owning it since October, I might finally be able to go and collect my Spires exhaust :D

Reactions: MyIRRCat and Sdotk
I'm passing through Hatfield, Hertfordshire today.

I've just noticed that our stay at home orders are supposed to be eased on 5th April, with a bit of luck, England will be around the same time. Then, after owning it since October, I might finally be able to go and collect my Spires exhaust :D
From what I've seen on the news, travel restrictions are meant to be lifted in England as of 29 March provided the data doesn't start going in the wrong direction again. I'm booked in for 3 April so I'm hoping nothing changes to push this back.

Lol - I had a 7 litre V8 with minimal silencing in my Cobra replica, and I could not hear that above the wind noise at anything over about 60mph!

Reactions: dhallworth
I can believe it, I once saw a video that some chap had done, I think it was an XFR which had been modified to over 600bhp according to him and he said sometimes it felt like the car was trying to kill him lol. Personally I draw the line at a spirited drive such as to that extent.

I always drove it as if it was going to try to kill me at the next corner, and occasionally it did. Try, that is.

I always drove it as if it was going to try to kill me at the next corner, and occasionally it did. Try, that is.
What was the bhp and torque Wilf?

41 - 60 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.