Jaguar Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Those were the days you could pull your whip out in public and not get arrested.

Reactions: Gav

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
You guys need to buy newer mobile phones. Pretty sure most public libraries will have a book on the use of a modern mobile telephone, just to allay your fears if the thought terrifies you.
Font Poster Fictional character Publication Illustration

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
As a lifelong iOS user, Android surely does terrify me Alan... :oops:

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
You wouldn't have a problem with a vanilla/purebred version Steve, (modern) Android is generally only rubbish when it has a manufacturers own 'logic/nonsense GUI' in the way..

Though it has to be admitted that both, even if both in pure form, do still have different understandings of what constitutes as 'logic' sometimes, with neither getting it right on those occasions, Bleddy know it all's... :D

Reactions: Statler

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
12,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hmm googling this (which I should have done first!)
seems it might be a battery(ies) in the telematics module. :(

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
I think the telematics unit is behind the rear seat on the drivers side Gav.

If you’ve a fixed rear seat then getting at it is reasonably difficult. If folding then it should be behind the side booster.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Just A Notion, these Little Things, will make the dealer go Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
Hmm googling this (which I should have done first!)
seems it might be a battery(ies) in the telematics module. :(
I have heard of TCU battery issues. I believe they have changed the way it works on newer cars. There is an app for I-PACE (third party) that shows it’s SoC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
hmm, wonder if that would work on the x260, what's the app called Chris?

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
It's called MyPace, for iOS, but you need to get an invite through TestFlight to get it. There is an app call WattCat for Android though. I think that offers similar functionality. Not sure if they work with other cars though.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Found one called KeyConnect on iOS that works with XF 2016+ Gav.
It also works with LR and anumber of other brands
Three day free trial then £68 a year, or £19.49 a month. You can do a lot of remote stuff with it so I guess they need to justify the security aspect but ...

Will hit the free trial later and see if it is any good.

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Thanks guys , tried wattcat and surprising it works, shows my TCU Battery @100% but shows more that jag app
like;
Brake Fluid
TCU IMEI no
TCU S/W Version
Aux Battery Voltage which I guess in my case is just car battery voltage
Washer fluid
Coolant
TCU Config Version
Even the gross weight ;)

Interesting it show my sos expiring Dec 2026 so that's 10 years since first reg.

clicking on API Console shows even more
Coolant temp
SRS Status
Panic Alarm
Mobile Phone status
Key Removed
Tyre Pressures
Battery voltage (12.2v !)
hmmm TU_STATUS_INT_POWER Broken :eek:

Reactions: PeteA and ChrisSB

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
This is what annoys me about the Jaguar Land Rover apps, they are clearly exposing this data via the API but their apps show hardly any of it. The JLR apps are created by a third party as well, but apparently they will be brought inhouse soon.

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
This is what annoys me about the Jaguar Land Rover apps, they are clearly exposing this data via the API but their apps show hardly any of it. The JLR apps are created by a third party as well, but apparently they will be brought inhouse soon.
They might have taken the stance where only to show stuff when there’s a problem, I know the jag apps only shows tmps problem when there is one, rather than all the tyre pressures..

21 - 40 of 42 Posts