Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Good grief man!!! o_O

Spot the furloughed worker with time on his hands!!

not quite im afraid, lol

just woke up from last nights 12 hour shift,

been in all the way through this thing.. 4 on 4 off

but have now booked off some holiday starting today , lol

BB

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
12 hour shifts, 4 on 4 off sounds tough, no time to get used to the shifts and then off, must be hard I'd imagine!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
a quick update

all fitted in three hours start to finish , probably not a world record, but im happy , and its damned hot out there, though no where near the 45 degrees when i was in Oz in January , lol

front bumper off, not easy , but then again , not too hard once you find all the fixings, ACC plug is into a blank holder on the beam , unplug and untie to allow enough to mount in the middle, new bracket Tek-screwed into the bumper beam centrally ,

any rusty bits got a clean back and spray with stone chip, and so did the new bracket and fixings, the three mounts are dimple snap fit, one has a thread to adjust the angle of the radar module
then all put back together

the ACC radar cover easily unclips if adjustment is required

having a beer now, and its my 31st wedding anniversary today , so will do the CCF tomorrow, lol

BB;)

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
Happy anniversary BB and well done 👍

·
Registered
17,190 Posts
Yes, happy anniversary! Virtual restaurant tonight?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Well done BB and happy anniversary!!.. (y)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
cheers boys

moved on from the beer, now drinking port with a dash of brandy , lol

BB

·
Registered
125 Posts
I removed bottom cover under bumper. It was enough to reach place where to install acc.

·
Registered
144 Posts
What’s the part number for the radar? When I sesrch for it, there are different shapes of them. I have MY2012 XF- S facelift.

·
Registered
17,190 Posts
What’s the part number for the radar? When I sesrch for it, there are different shapes of them. I have MY2012 XF- S facelift.
If you read back through this thread you'll find that BB has provided a lot of info on the different variations.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

im afraid i dont know which one you may need, as i have a 2015 car, and as you say , there are different ones, so some research is required by you to find out, its all part of the fun of modifying....

BB

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks but I asked because there wasn’t anything about the radar itself.
i did , i said it was the newer type rather than the older large radar box with separate module for the pre 2012 cars that is mounted in the corner of the lower grille, but you may need to confirm with your VIN , they also fitted them to Range Rover Evoque, but there may be a firmware version issue ? i took a punt, you may have to ?

BB

·
Registered
144 Posts
i did , i said it was the newer type rather than the older large radar box with separate module for the pre 2012 cars that is mounted in the corner of the lower grille, but you may need to confirm with your VIN , they also fitted them to Range Rover Evoque, but there may be a firmware version issue ? i took a punt, you may have to ?

BB
Thanks. I see the connector in centre of lower grill.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Cx23/dx23-9g768-a* will be suitable for all facelift xf.
Thanks again. This is what I was after.

also a quick question. Does ACC On XF brakes when the car in front slows down?

the ASL on downhills just gives me warnings which is pointless. It doesn’t intervene

·
Registered
302 Posts
BB can you confirm the bracket for the ACC radar please? I couldn't see it mentioned anywhere in here :)

21 - 40 of 50 Posts