Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, wiring confirmed as installed and in place,
i am collecting parts for the next project ACC

so far the lower front grille with access panel and the newer style radar sensor for my 2015 XF x250,

i will need a mounting bracket and steering wheel button next,

if anyone has or knows of one, i would be willing to pay a fair price for them

BB

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
ACC is pretty good.. and more to the point Onotole has managed to edit the CCF to make it work down to a 'stop' and then proceed with a touch of the accelerator when wanted, a dash shot of his:

Apologies if you already knew this BB. :)

·
Registered
17,190 Posts
If you left a gap like that at traffic lights round here some spotty oik would nip into it!

·
Registered
302 Posts
so, wiring confirmed as installed and in place,
i am collecting parts for the next project ACC

so far the lower front grille with access panel and the newer style radar sensor for my 2015 XF x250,

i will need a mounting bracket and steering wheel button next,

if anyone has or knows of one, i would be willing to pay a fair price for them

BB
Pretty sure you will need a 'Aero' bumper to add the ACC grill. I looked into it last year after seeing 'Onotole' retrofit of it :) unfortunately I have the non sport (aero) bumper similar to your Avatar.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Pretty sure that is a non aero grille, pic of my aero grille showing more 'chicken wire' below the ACC box:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Pretty sure that is a non aero grille, pic of my aero grille showing more 'chicken wire' below the ACC box:

View attachment 180148
Interesting so may be this is correct one for non sport (aero) bumper 😎.

However the OP did suggest it's a newer style radar so not sure if design of the grille as changed?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
the grille i have in my first post is a non heated ( hole for cold climate plug for engine block heater ) with ACC 2013/14/15 x250 non-aero lower grille , as talked about , there is the aero front bumper which has a deeper front grille, as can be seen by the ACC panel not going to the bottom of the grille, and then the pre 2013 one where the ACC is in the corner of the grill with a larger radar unit , extensive research was required to get the right one for my non aero front bumper ,

again , this is useful for finding which part you need

so my new part is #6 in the picture C2Z13215 , i currently have #3 ,

brand new mounting bracket has just arrived in the post, so i may need to remove the bumper this afternoon, lol

BB

·
Registered
302 Posts
Aha makes sense now, thanks for the clarification :) Did you buy the grille and radar brand new? I am sure it's rare for them to appear second hand?

Also what parts catalog is that from?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i found the radar for £80 on ebay ( list is around £900 i think ) and the grill i got for £65 , as its the one i needed and no others around ( list was around £100 ) , i got a bracket for £29 ( list is £85 ) , all from ebay ,

just need the steering wheel buttons now,

there is an extra button along with the fog light switch tat allows the ' Forward collision ' alert ( as jaguar call it ) to be turned on or off, this utilises all the ACC components and is another added extra

parts catalogue is Jaguar

BB

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Forward collision alert is very useful when set to maximum range in foggy conditions. (y)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this is the ' parent page ' for the bumper parts on Jaguars site, any parts in a 'box' come as a kit with the box number ,

BB

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks for the info brake-buster :) Helps alot as I see parts can be fetched cheaply ;)

·
Registered
125 Posts
ACC will works fine whithout any extra buttons. already tested. Default GAP distance is enough in most cases.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ACC will works fine whithout any extra buttons. already tested. Default GAP distance is enough in most cases.

i see, so the normal CC buttons will set it ?

BB

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
The extra button is only to vary the gap at which the system starts to warn you.. if then when you 'ignore' the warning, it reacts for you BB. (y)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
PeteA and Onotole ,

thanks, reading of the owners manual as well as your comments has given me the info i need and not to worry about the ' extra ' buttons until i find some and fit them

as you suggest, the steering wheel button only selects the intermediate vehicle distance ( preset at #3 0f 4 ), and the collision alert button on the fog/boot button cluster only toggle the system on and off , and default will be on and working

so off with the bumper and fitting the parts it is,

then the laptop will install everything

this session will activate BSM , ACC and auto headlight dipping

BB:cool:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts