Jaguar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I know a great car photographer in Adelaide. Check out Explosive Curiosity on Facebook or web page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I know a great car photographer in Adelaide. Check out Explosive Curiosity on Facebook or web page.

Thanks Jon, I have been wondering about getting some professional pics.
As you have obviously figured out I have no clues how to take decent photos!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Matt has some quite special lenses and an admirable talent.. the pics on his site speak for themselves..

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Very uncommon sight in Adelaide, I've only ever seen one other F-Type on the road and that was parked up (red S vert).
Lots of looks, lots of horn toots, some very strange driver behaviour in cars behind and beside me, but no real comments yet, well none that I could hear!
I've had a few eye catching cars but the F-Type definitely got the most attention, loads of positive comments from people and plenty of thumbs up etc from other drivers. I seen loads of passengers in cars behind taking videos and photos. At the time they were very rare as I got one of the first coupes, I'd imagine that had something to do with it. Still not a car that keeps a low profile though.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Amazing looking car, great colour combo, the Lg with the red is really nice. And those wheels... I want them

James

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Amazing looking car, great colour combo, the Lg with the red is really nice. And those wheels... I want them

James
I would never have optioned those wheels if buying new, they were a $8,500 AU option, that's right, over $2,000 per wheel!
Instead I would have ordered the cheapest possible factory wheels and then gone after-market and saved a packet.
But lucky me I guess, this car has over $60,000 in options on it and I paid almost nothing for them, a major reason I snapped it up.
If anyone in Oz wants those wheels I'm happy to sell them for $4,000 the lot, including near new Pirelli P Zero tyres. They will fit all F-Types, XFs and XJs.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I would never have optioned those wheels if buying new, they were a $8,500 AU option, that's right, over $2,000 per wheel!
Instead I would have ordered the cheapest possible factory wheels and then gone after-market and saved a packet.
But lucky me I guess, this car has over $60,000 in options on it and I paid almost nothing for them, a major reason I snapped it up.
If anyone in Oz wants those wheels I'm happy to sell them for $4,000 the lot, including near new Pirelli P Zero tyres. They will fit all F-Types, XFs and XJs.
How about if anyone wants them in the uk... what would your best guess at a shipping cost?

Will they fit on a XF? I thought Bee fitted Ftype wheels to his and needed his arches rolled?

James

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
How about if anyone wants them in the uk... what would your best guess at a shipping cost?

Will they fit on a XF? I thought Bee fitted Ftype wheels to his and needed his arches rolled?

James
I have no idea of the shipping cost, but I suspect it would be quite steep, in the order of 400 or 500 GBP. I'll see what I can find out.
I can't see how they wouldn't fit an XF, the rears are 10.5" wide wheels with 295/30R20 tyres which are only a tiny bit wider and taller than the stock 10" wide wheels with 285/30R20 tyres on an XFR, and they fit with acres of room, and the fronts are the exact same size both wheels and tyres as an XFR.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

·
Apostrophe Monitor
7,290 Posts
James
you need to hunt out a contact at RAAF Amberley, specifically in 86 Wing/36 Squadron or 84 Wing/33 Squadron ;)

·
Super Moderator
26,654 Posts
I have no idea of the shipping cost, but I suspect it would be quite steep, in the order of 400 or 500 GBP. I'll see what I can find out.
I can't see how they wouldn't fit an XF, the rears are 10.5" wide wheels with 295/30R20 tyres which are only a tiny bit wider and taller than the stock 10" wide wheels with 285/30R20 tyres on an XFR, and they fit with acres of room, and the fronts are the exact same size both wheels and tyres as an XFR.
I believe the XFRS has 10.5J wheels at the rear.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
James
you need to hunt out a contact at RAAF Amberley, specifically in 86 Wing/36 Squadron or 84 Wing/33 Squadron ;)
Yes that would be handy.

coincidentally I googled RAAF Amberley and it says,
base located 8 km southwest of Ipswich, Queensland
And I live on an old RAF base located not far from Ipswich, Suffolk.
Shame we don't get the same weather

James

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I believe the XFRS has 10.5J wheels at the rear.

Am I right in saying Bee had to get the arches rolled? If so, was this because of the bigger wheels or the fact he also lowered it almost to the floor.

James

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
James,
I just did a quick shipping estimate with FedEx, using the following details:
Adelaide to London
4 x 20 kg packages
delivery date one to two weeks from now
It came out to between $1,700 and $2,000 AU, which converts to roughly 1,000 to 1,225 GBP.
And even then I suspect my weight estimate of 20 kg each may be a little conservative, and if you're not in London it may cost a bit more again.
It might be better if I got the tyres removed and sent just the wheels, then you could source some tyres yourself?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Thanks for looking, I don't think taking the tyres off will bring the shipping down that much, and probably not as much as a new set of 4 tyres. I am going to check what military flights, if any travel between AU/UK. If there are, I could potentially get them put on.

James

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I ordered my F-Type with the standard wheels and then bought a set of the carbon blade alloys off eBay. They come up now and again, I paid about £1800 for the set including tyres, they had been fitted to a car but unused, I sold them when I sold the car for about £2k to a guy who had just bought F-Type R. I think they are the best wheels for the F-Type. I'm pretty sure someone on here bought a set for his XF and had problems with the rears being too big.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Kim, are you putting the Coventry wheels on the F?

Yep, but only if I sell the Blade wheels first.
If I decide to sell the Coventry wheels you will be first cab off the rank!

41 - 60 of 79 Posts