Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Jaguar XF 3.0D S V6 Premium Luxury
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I retrofitted a reversing camera on my XF, camera came from '14 XF X250, I edited two options in CCF to "activate it", downloaded CCF to the car, but after that there still was no image from the camera when in reverse gear. I thought I'll check if maybe FCDIM needs updating... And while SDD was configuring FCDIM as existing module, it seems I took my time and the car switched the ignition off whilst SDD was doing the programming. All this resulted in non responding/non working display. I tried then to configure the module again, everything goes fine until the SDD shows the message to remove USB memory stick from the device and plug it in into cars' USB socket under armrest. After that SDD shows the message, saying that there are still some files missing on the USB memory stick and do I want to restart the procedure. But even if I restart it, it ends up at the same step, with the same error. Since the touchscreen display stopped working, there are also AAM and ACM that seem to be not responding in SDD (red crosses), so I have no audio/sat nav and whatever else would normally be displayed or operated from the touchscreen, AC works but obviously I can't see any changes or settings in regards to that.
Is there any way to get this fixed? I mean without taking it to the garage?
Another question - what files are supposed to be copied to USB flash drive? I think I found the same 4 vbf files as they appear on screen while doing existing module configuration. So what else could be missing then?
I have SDD v161 with working online access (not Topix tho), I mean it downloads updates and other files (eg calibration files), if it requires them. I also have coded access. Using Mongoose Pro (clone), SDD runs on Windows 7 32 bit in the latest VirtualBox, on the laptop with Win 10, 12GB RAM and SSD drive. I also have v138 installed on the separate system and partition, in VirtualBox, but without full access, however there's much more vbf files in Flash directory (if they would be of any use).
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi again, thought I'll post an update as a reply, rather than editing my post above.
All fixed, I've spent lots of time trying to find the solution, but finally all works as should.
I have SDD v161 and I also have v138, I found that the earlier version has a lot more calibration files than v161 downloads through combined as-built and calibration file update (at least for XF). So I thought what if SDD v161 incorrectly decides that it has all required software for given module and in fact it's not exactly the right one...? So I fired up v138 and with the same symptoms choosen as I did in v161, it comes up with muuuch more recommendations and things under "extras" tab. SDD v161 has one thing only as pinpoint test - "Gen 2.1 Touch screen display recovery", but v138 has actually "a job" called similarly! So I started with that - touch screen recovery, to my surprise it went ok, but it still could not identify the FCDIM as it's hardware with prefix EX23, the latest available in v138 seems to be DX23. ACM and AAM still have not been responding tho. So I started v161, began configuring existing module - FCDIM, at some point asked for USB flash drive, then to move it to the vehicle socket, took about 20 minutes (during this time the ignition turned itself off), but in the end showed - operation completed succesfuly! Leaper logo appeared on the screen! The instruction says to turn ignition off, lock the car, wait minimum 5 minutes, then unlock and start the engine for minimum 2 minutes, then lock again for minimum 5. After that clicked ok (didn't disconnect the laptop at all and didn't close SDD, just left it on that screen) and couple more ign on and off, cleared DTCs and booom! All working! Previously non responding AAM and ACM were completely fine after that, did not require programming or anything!
So if any of you have problem with black not working touch screen display - my suggestion is - try to fix it with older version of SDD first, then go back to the recent one.

Regards,
Marcin

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
Hi Marcin, well done and thanks for coming back and replying to your own post so we'd know about the resolution and how you achieved it.

@sandmaennle was having issues with v161 as well and had to revert back to v159 as it seems better suited to the X250, strange that that seems to be the case.. but that's electronics and Jaguar for you . :)

Reactions: MPM

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi Marcin, well done and thanks for coming back and replying to your own post so we'd know about the resolution and how you achieved it.

@sandmaennle was having issues with v161 as well and had to revert back to v159 as it seems better suited to the X250, strange that that seems to be the case.. but that's electronics and Jaguar for you . :)
Hi Marcin,
as Pete just wrote, I got the recommendation from a german JLR technician to downgrade to V159. They have several problems with V161 and above with some models. V158 and V159 are very stable and they never had problems with old and new models.
And I can confirm that V159 works much more fluent and has no font scale problems. I installed it on a Dell laptop running Win10.
I would recommend V159.
MoJo found several files that were already installed in the IDS folder. So it really might be the case, that V159 has more config files for models by default.

Dirk

Reactions: MPM

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks @PeteA and @sandmaennle, it seems that you're right about that.
Just to add little bit more to my previous reply, maybe one day someone will find it helpful - I went through electric diagrams and service manuals to try to understand how these modules work and communicate... And it looks like communication problems with FCDIM were purely on MOST bus (not corrupted or incorrect software - that's what I was thinking initially), when running v138 it tried to update MOST software for each module first (one of the files that is being copied to flash drive seems to be some kind of package installer that also verifies each vbf when or after they're installed). There was 7 vbf files on flash drive. Then configuring existing module on V161, SDD does copy 4 files - bootloader file, data file, config file and application file (the biggest one of them, about 80Mb, I assume it contains the map?).

·
Registered
MY 2012 XF S Portfolio Ultimate Black
2,152 Posts
Thanks for the update. The issue was you needed to downgrade the module which probably is confusing the SDD. You could have manually renamed the older files to appear new and use v161. Glad it did work though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts