Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I buy a XF 2013 , 130.000 mi 2.2 TD SE Business with 6 k £ or pay more 9-10 k for a 2014-2015 3.0 with less 100.000 mi Premium Luxury ?
First car , family car, going to have as well a new born baby and a dog .
I'm just wondering if it's a great deal to get the 2013 at 6k or if there is any major difference between a SE Business and a Premium Luxury and work paying the extra 2-3K ? or 2.3 versus 3.0? or between a 2013 car and a 2014-2015 one? or less than 100.000 mi vs 130.000 mi (which I think might be a bit too much )?
So all in all, I would have the money to pay more if it's needed , just wondering if it's worth it .

Would be really helpful to get your opinion, thank you very much!

·
Registered
8,242 Posts
Hi 'no name'.. welcome to the forum...

A little common courtesy goes down well here.. and will get you a much better response...

Besides that, two very different engines with very different MPG's available.. limited info from you to go from...

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,914 Posts
Go for the one which has folding rear seats, or at least the option to fit the mechanism.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi 'no name'.. welcome to the forum...

A little common courtesy goes down well here.. and will get you a much better response...

Besides that, two very different engines with very different MPG's available.. limited info from you to go from...
thank you ! Sorry, I didn't mean to be disrespectful, I thought I should just ask a question as short and coherent as possible ...:) I guessed it's obvious I'm new on the forum .
Thank you for your answer !

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Hello f welcome, stay safe. Trying to understand difference in trims is very difficult as many owners added plenty of opt which blurred the boundaries, however in most instances the PL will be the better specced option, as well as having the better engine in my opinion (as someone who had 2 of them).

Reactions: villain jaguar

·
19,872 Posts
3.0 litre every day. So much smoother than the 2.2, and oodles of torque.

Agree with earlier comment about Portfolio having more standard gear, though the face-lift version, the Premium Luxury was quite close to the Portfolio.

If possible, try for X250 Portfolio Sport, you won't regret the power and refinement.

Welcome to the forum by the way. We don't mind concise, but we're generally very friendly with a good amount of banter going, though nothing serious or threatening. Also so extremely helpful members here who will be happy to help.

Enjoy

Reactions: villain jaguar

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
3 litre,

I presume the 2.2 isn't the 200bhp version.
No, thank you !
Hello f welcome, stay safe. Trying to understand difference in trims is very difficult as many owners added plenty of opt which blurred the boundaries, however in most instances the PL will be the better specced option, as well as having the better engine in my opinion (as someone who had 2 of them).
thank you, this is very helpful !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
3.0 litre every day. So much smoother than the 2.2, and oodles of torque.

Agree with earlier comment about Portfolio having more standard gear, though the face-lift version, the Premium Luxury was quite close to the Portfolio.

If possible, try for X250 Portfolio Sport, you won't regret the power and refinement.

Welcome to the forum by the way. We don't mind concise, but we're generally very friendly with a good amount of banter going, though nothing serious or threatening. Also so extremely helpful members here who will be happy to help.

Enjoy
this is amazing , thank you very much !

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thank you ! I have actually tried to find the main differences between the two but didn't find much .
Go onto eBay and you will be able to buy a sales brochure for the car and that will list what was standard on each model. If I have time later today I will put a brief comparison on here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Go onto eBay and you will be able to buy a sales brochure for the car and that will list what was standard on each model. If I have time later today I will put a brief comparison on here.
Great , thank you very much for your reply !

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sorry, on eBay you want the 'Specification and Price Guide'.

The main standard differences are:

Standard on the Business is:
(On the road without any extras £29,940 - 2.2 and 163HP only)

Bond grain leather and suedecloth seats the front with 4 x 4 way electric adjustment

17” Libra wheels

Jaguar audio system 250w with single slot CD system

Navigation system

Standard on the Premium Luxury is:
(On the road:
2.2 200HP £37,190
3.0 240HP £40,105
3.0 275 £46,105

Soft grain leather seats with the front ones with 10 x 6 way adjustment with drivers memory function

18” Vela wheels

Jaguar Smart Key entry system with keyless entry

Meridian audio system 380w with 11 speakers and single slot CD system

60/40 split folding rear seats

Heated front seats

Heated windscreen with timer

Aerodynamic Pack – restyled front bumper with black grille, rear boot spoiler, sculptured rear valance and side sills extension

Standard on the Portfolio is:
(On the road:
2.2 200HP £42,190
3.0 240HP £45,105
3.0 275 £49,005

As Premium Luxury plus

Soft grain leather seats with the front ones with 16 x 12 way adjustment with drivers memory function with contrast hoop

Soft grain leather upper fascia with contrast stitch

19” Caravela wheels

Active ventilated front seats – heated and cooled

Meredian surround audio system – 825w with 17 speakers and single CD slot

Navigation system

Aerodynamic Pack – restyled front bumper with black grille, rear boot spoiler, sculptured rear valance and side sills extension

S Models - even more goodies

I've got the 3.0S Portfolio and it is a very nice engine.

My philosophy when buying a secondhand car if to buy the top model as there is little price hike and you get more goodies.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Hi, but as stated you may well find that any model has been specced up by the original owner. For instance when I bought mine new I specced the Winter Pack (heated seats, heated steering wheel), the Mirror Pack (folding and auto dimming mirrors), Jaguar Voice (voice activated control of the sat nav and telephone), although mine is just the basic Luxury model it does not equate to the Luxury description in the brochure, I suggest that you just use the brochure descriptions as a guide not as a bible. Phil

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry, on eBay you want the 'Specification and Price Guide'.

The main standard differences are:

Standard on the Business is:
(On the road without any extras £29,940 - 2.2 and 163HP only)

Bond grain leather and suedecloth seats the front with 4 x 4 way electric adjustment

17” Libra wheels

Jaguar audio system 250w with single slot CD system

Navigation system

Standard on the Premium Luxury is:
(On the road:
2.2 200HP £37,190
3.0 240HP £40,105
3.0 275 £46,105

Soft grain leather seats with the front ones with 10 x 6 way adjustment with drivers memory function

18” Vela wheels

Jaguar Smart Key entry system with keyless entry

Meridian audio system 380w with 11 speakers and single slot CD system

60/40 split folding rear seats

Heated front seats

Heated windscreen with timer

Standard on the Portfolio is:
(On the road:
2.2 200HP £42,190
3.0 240HP £45,105
3.0 275 £49,005

As Premium Luxury plus

Soft grain leather seats with the front ones with 16 x 12 way adjustment with drivers memory function with contrast hoop

Soft grain leather upper fascia with contrast stitch

19” Caravela wheels

Active ventilated front seats – heated and cooled

Meredian surround audio system – 825w with 17 speakers and single CD slot

Navigation system

S Models - even more goodies

I've got the 3.0S Portfolio and it is a very nice engine.

My philosophy when buying a secondhand car if to buy the top model as there is little price hike and you get more goodies.
Great !!!
Thank you so much for your help , thats' exactly what I wanted to know !!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Welcome!
My advice, like some others here, would be to go for the 3.0d, ever though it is more expensive to run.
It is a smooth and powerful diesel and if driven sensibly is pretty efficient (I get average of 7,5 L per 100 km). I have driven the smaller diesels and generally not as good IMO, but of course more efficient and less taxes.
I would not necessarily worry about high mileage as long as the car has been serviced regularly, but my advice would be to get checked by a good garage before taking the plunge.

I bought a 2011 X250 3.0d (211ps version) with 220.000 km on the clock and previous owner claimed most was Autobahn coverage, confirmed in my opinion by the tell-tale stone chips on front of bonnet. I have since clocked up over 280.000 km and it is going better than when I bought it (thanks to a remap that has boosted torque from 450 to 600 nM and power from 211 to 250 ps).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts