Jaguar Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Lovely car! Putting up with a duff stereo is an easy compromise - and you will have your own sound track courtesy of the car!

Sorry to hear about the damage though - what a PITA

·
Administrator
27,432 Posts
Seb - it seems the scrotes have found out how to defeat a "normal" garage up and over door lock, I have additional bolts on the bottom of mine, stopped them in their tracks a few months back when the tried to break in here.

Hope the scratches polish out.

·
Founder member
4,989 Posts
I took the handle off mine so they have nothing to pull on!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Two very good ideas. Thanks guys.

Seb

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thanks Chris, wouldn't have helped though as the door was levered inwards. Hence the damage to the car that was behind it...

Seb

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Very sorry to hear this, I hope the damage isn't too bad. I would go for a spike coming up from the floor personally... Sorry you can't make it tomorrow, would have been good to see you.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Yeah, was always a long shot to be there tomorrow/today John but hopefully somewhere soon.

I'm pretty sure they weren't after the car. If they were, they'd have come for the keys in the house. And if they are serious enough to come into the house for those, they'd come for the keys to the spike too I think...

Seb

·
Registered
564 Posts
Know how you feel I get dings in my car all the time in London - obviously not the same circumstances but still.

Hope you get it sorted !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
That's beautiful, I'd go for the IRR myself.

How hard was the decision between rwd and 4wd? I'm a rwd man but even in my slightly less powerful XFR you have to be careful, I can't help but think 4wd would make the car really useable.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
That's beautiful, I'd go for the IRR myself.

How hard was the decision between rwd and 4wd? I'm a rwd man but even in my slightly less powerful XFR you have to be careful, I can't help but think 4wd would make the car really useable.
I would second that, after driving the AWD round bends it really does grip while still giving you the right feel.
But I am really jealous of you actually owning it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

41 - 52 of 52 Posts