Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me how to turn off the voice alerts/directions when the SatNav is doing it's thing.

Can't find details anywhere in the manuals :(

·
Registered
9,849 Posts
When the Satnav is on, click on settings then you’ve an option to turn off voice

·
Registered
9,849 Posts
Have you got ictp?

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Screen setting or drivers info panel?

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,375 Posts
find the 6 tiles in the satnav, screen
click turn off sound

or...

RTFM.

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
find the 6 tiles in the satnav, screen
click turn off sound

or...

RTFM.
To be fair, it’s not the best for finding the settings as there‘s two places for them to be stored.

·
Registered
9,849 Posts
Looking at the online manuals
To adjust the volume of the navigation voice guidance, rotate the media system's volume control while spoken guidance is given. See MEDIA CONTROLS.

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,375 Posts
To be fair, it’s not the best for finding the settings as there‘s two places for them to be stored.
I agree.. and even getting the 6 icons takes a bit of thinking about first time in.
As I've not used my satnav for a few months, I'd have to check ..but I think I put a mute shortcut on my 2nd homepage.

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,375 Posts
20200701_193540.jpg
20200701_193453.jpg

·
Registered
12,106 Posts
I agree.. and even getting the 6 icons takes a bit of thinking about first time in.
As I've not used my satnav for a few months, I'd have to check ..but I think I put a mute shortcut on my 2nd homepage.
LOL I get in my car once in a blue moon, and it's like a new car experience everytime

Sent from BLUE heaven using Tapatalk

Reactions: DAVENN

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,375 Posts
Thanks DaveNN. Finally found that menu but it’s not immediately apparent. Hope I remember tomorrow.
a pleasure.
truth be told, the bloody thing wasn't playing ball with me either.

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,375 Posts
LOL I get in my car once in a blue moon, and it's like a new car experience everytime

😃
yep..im the same.
I'm taking and picking up Deb from work 4 miles round trip 4 days per week .. switching between F1 and F2 ....and thats about it.
I'd totally forgot , as I don't have the opportunity to use, about the adaptive cruise.
We went out to Settle a few weeks back and the Thai sisters massage kicked in..I'd forgotten about it and in gave me a bit of a shock.

😄

Reactions: R17

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the responses including RTFM LOL! It's 2020 not 1980 ;)

Anyway it's a combination of all the advice. What confused me is that you'd assume that when in Navigation mode you'd click on the settings wheels to find where to turn sound off. Nope, nowhere to be seen on that settings menu. However, as one of you pointed out, there's a small six tile logo on the map screen when you start navigating. Click that and you can mute sound there with the bottom right tile. It's permanent too thank goodness. You have to do the same to physically turn it back on. Some systems I've used you have to mute every time you use the SatNav.

Look the main thing for me is the car has Apple Car Play so I can use Waze which I use on my motorbike - much better all round.

·
Firm Rampant Member
12,375 Posts
Thanks for all the responses including RTFM LOL! It's 2020 not 1980 ;)

Anyway it's a combination of all the advice. What confused me is that you'd assume that when in Navigation mode you'd click on the settings wheels to find where to turn sound off. Nope, nowhere to be seen on that settings menu. However, as one of you pointed out, there's a small six tile logo on the map screen when you start navigating. Click that and you can mute sound there with the bottom right tile. It's permanent too thank goodness. You have to do the same to physically turn it back on. Some systems I've used you have to mute every time you use the SatNav.

Look the main thing for me is the car has Apple Car Play so I can use Waze which I use on my motorbike - much better all round.
haven't you got a M to F R?

Glad it's fixed.

·
Registered
12,106 Posts
.........more importantly, what 2 wheel steed are you riding?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
.........more importantly, what 2 wheel steed are you riding?

Here you go..... currently KTM SDR for road and Aprilia RSV4 (rarely on the road) for track. Wife has a Ducati 848 (that's her in the background at H Cafe near Oxford).

97072266_10157249824987844_138863439505260544_n.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts