Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,677 Posts
I don’t think that I’ve seen a carbon fibre version. If there is, it’s likely Vehicle Revolution might be the only place to do one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Majagua

·
20,244 Posts
When's the big whale tail getting fitted ;)

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Why do want a CF bonnet anyway? The cost would be prohibitive and the weight saving minimal considering the car is a large luxury estate.

·
Registered
21,862 Posts
Alternatively, get it wrapped in a "knit-one, pearl-one" pattern of your choice. :LOL:

·
Registered
XF Sprtbrake 3.0D S
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Why do want a CF bonnet anyway? The cost would be prohibitive and the weight saving minimal considering the car is a large luxury estate.
I was looking at what future mods were available, the carbon fibre hood would be lighter weight (maybe 10-20Kg), I've seen the carbon fibre hood for the previous XF and thought it made the car look unique. You are right that that mod alone (20 kg weight saving in a 2-tonne car) wouldn't bring significant performance improvements, marginally faster acceleration (not noticeable) and better fuel economy.
Xf Carbon Fiber Fiber Engine Hoods Auto Car Bonnet for Jaguar Xf 11 15|Hoods| - AliExpress
I had an idea that across a few years with the car that a carbon fibre bonnet, carbon fibre bumper spoiler, stage 2 exhaust, K&N Air filters and tuning would enhance the look and performance.

·
Registered
2019 XF Sportbrake 25t
66 Posts
I was looking at what future mods were available, the carbon fibre hood would be lighter weight (maybe 10-20Kg), I've seen the carbon fibre hood for the previous XF and thought it made the car look unique. You are right that that mod alone (20 kg weight saving in a 2-tonne car) wouldn't bring significant performance improvements, marginally faster acceleration (not noticeable) and better fuel economy.
Xf Carbon Fiber Fiber Engine Hoods Auto Car Bonnet for Jaguar Xf 11 15|Hoods| - AliExpress
I had an idea that across a few years with the car that a carbon fibre bonnet, carbon fibre bumper spoiler, stage 2 exhaust, K&N Air filters and tuning would enhance the look and performance.
Even with shipping cost of more than 100% of part value that’s dirty cheap for that size of carbon fibre panel. 😲

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Just to add that all XF bonnets (x250) are made of aluminium, so the expected weight saving may not be as great as you expect. It would be much easier to increase the engine Hp, to gain on performance.

If you want to have a carbon fibre bonnet unpainted for visual impact, that is different. I just upgraded the stock vents to carbon fibre. I like the look against Italian Racing Red.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
No matter what you do to a 3.0D XF-S, you'll always know you should have bought an XFR!

• Sad

·
Registered
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿X260 R-Sport in Aurora Red
12,062 Posts
Just to add that all XF bonnets are made of aluminium, so the expected weight saving may not be as great as you expect. It would be much easier to increase the engine Hp, to gain on performance.

If you want to have a carbon fibre bonnet unpainted for visual impact, that is different. I just upgraded the stock vents to carbon fibre. I like the look against Italian Racing Red.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
FFY ;)

·
Registered
XF Sprtbrake 3.0D S
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
No matter what you do to a 3.0D XF-S, you'll always know you should have bought an XFR!
You got me thinking about this alot, I would've loved a 5.0 Sportbrake (especially a blue one like Chris) but the wife wouldn't have approved the extra expense, age, mpg or the power/ size of engine as we share a car.

I can't understand why the 5.0 engine and now the 3.0 engine Sportbrake are no longer available. Is this simply an environmental decision to stop building cars with the bigger engines?

·
Administrator
30,009 Posts
JLR trying to avoid EU fines over emissions. Also, XF build numbers have crashed, so maybe not economical to have too many variants.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts