Jaguar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Evening everyone

Around a year ago, I managed to find a nice set of replacement seats for my facelift 2.2d ( the OEM ones had the half alcantara finish, and keeping them clean was a bugger). Seats fitted perfectly, and all connectors seemed the same ( more of which later). Everything movement-wise worked, and I had fully electrified movement to boot, so happy enough. Then I decided, "hey, let's get the heating going". The supplier had also shipped me the dash panel, with the button to activate the heating. One of our learned colleagues also reprogrammed the CCF file for me, so I have the heated seats display option - everything looks good.....

... but no warm posterior.

I left it till now ( yes, I know, I’m a bad person) to start looking at this properly. Removed the drivers seat, and even though the connectors are a perfect fit, we have many differences in the wiring of the connectors.

So in the first images below, I have the main block on the seat, and it shows the correct VT-GN ( ie the Driver Heater Supply ) wire ( violet with green strip) wire in position 2L ( 2nd in from left):

however the corresponding plug from the car side connector ( ie the one as shipped) has no feed in this point:

Moving onto the other connectors:

The 3rd seat connector has the correct 4 wires, where I can see the VT wire and then YE-VT wire ( the driver seat sensor wire and return)

But alas, my car does not have these wires coming to the corresponding connector:

So my question for my learned colleagues: Am I better off just forgetting about getting the OEM setup working ( and just hardwiring a switch to the heater elements) or does anyone know the correct sources of these wires from the loom, and I will try to run the connectors from there?

Any and all advice welcome!

·
Registered
350 Posts
are you sure your replacement seats arnt 'heated and cooled ' ? as when i removed my factory heated seats and replaced with heated/cooled ones there is an extra module thats needed to fit to the floor under the seat that the wiring links into ?

BB

just took a pic of my old removed heated seats, and the connectors exactly match you pictures #1 & #3

·
Registered
373 Posts
It seems like your car is not wired for Heated seats from factory? What year is your car?
Mine is 2014 and had wiring for heated seats, I just had to add heat pads (incl wiring) and SDD programming.

·
Registered
373 Posts
are you sure your replacement seats arnt 'heated and cooled ' ? as when i removed my factory heated seats and replaced with heated/cooled ones there is an extra module thats needed to fit to the floor under the seat that the wiring links into ?

BB

just took a pic of my old removed heated seats, and the connectors exactly match you pictures #1 & #3

Just reading up again, I don't think the OP mentioned his seats were heated / cooled?

Also I think wiring is missing from OP's car for the heated seats

·
Registered
350 Posts
yes, agreed, re-reading seems i miss-interpreted his situation

i agree, no pre-wiring for heated seats sadly

however, there is a possibility that if he had heated/cooled seats they would work with an extra module as the seat heating does not go through the main plug as shown ???

BB

Reactions: PeteA and kjsingh

·
Registered
373 Posts
however, there is a possibility that if he had heated/cooled seats they would work with an extra module as the seat heating does not go through the main plug as shown ???

BB
I think you are correct Vince :) But I feel OP will be missing wiring for the module also :(

It is known that 2011-2013 x250 have missing wiring for some hardware upgrades?

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
All good information chaps.. (y)

Reactions: pmcronin

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
It is known that 2011-2013 x250 have missing wiring for some hardware upgrades?
Extraordinary that they would go to the trouble of 'deleting' some wiring depending on the required spec, normally you'd expect the economies of scale to suggest that it's cheaper in the long run to have a 'basic' full wiring harness that accommodates all eventualities.. unless they wanted to stop there being an easy upgrade of spec?...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

BB

View attachment 182240
Thanks for checking - however the car my "current" seats were removed from was a 2014 model, but were definitely just heated one... I was able to check that car as the seats were being removed, ( and was watching for the module under the seat for cooling as well..but all noted that the leather isn't the perforated sort for cooling :-(

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Extraordinary that they would go to the trouble of 'deleting' some wiring depending on the required spec, normally you'd expect the economies of scale to suggest that it's cheaper in the long run to have a 'basic' full wiring harness that accommodates all eventualities.. unless they wanted to stop there being an easy upgrade of spec?...

Agreed - its a pain that it feels so close. What I'\m hoping is that someone will have the missing nugget of knowledge that says " run a wire from Plug X, pin Y, and connect that to your blank pin on the drivers seat, then similar for passenger seat"

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Agreed - its a pain that it feels so close. What I'\m hoping is that someone will have the missing nugget of knowledge that says " run a wire from Plug X, pin Y, and connect that to your blank pin on the drivers seat, then similar for passenger seat"
You may find this of use (based on a 2012 XFR wiring diag).

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
does anyone know of the connectors in the central junction box “C3BP01D” is?
my owners manual shows F27 for the drivers and F29 for the passenger and are 20A fuses (yellow). However you should check your manual as mine are heated and cooled seats so heated only may be a different size.

Reactions: kjsingh

·
Registered
373 Posts
my owners manual shows F27 for the drivers and F29 for the passenger and are 20A fuses (yellow). However you should check your manual as mine are heated and cooled seats so heated only may be a different size.
No you are correct however mine actually had them fuses already in place from factory when I did the heated seats retrofit.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
does anyone know of the connectors in the central junction box “C3BP01D” is?
Any progress on this? Do you have the fuses in place?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Stark. I'm actually working on it right now... the fuses are in place, but the plot thickens.
So: I found the mysterious CPBP01D socket ( in the passengers footwell, see attached pic)

So trying to connect the drivers feed to Pin 20 on the passengers one to pin 7...

Stay tuned.....

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Fingers crossed for you.

Gordon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts