Jaguar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a maddening rattle in my steering wheel column trim and want to get in there and find the loose culprit.
I've been searching YoutTube videos and the forum to get an answer, but can only find tutorials that skip the trim removal altogether! I see there are two screws to remove, then the trim comes off - however I have been told that it needs to be done carefully and with the battery disconnected. Does anyone have any tips how to remove the trim?
Thanks,

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Only taken the trim off my old XF-S, but assuming it's similar in the XE. No need to disconnect the car's battery at all. Extend the wheel as far out and down as it'll go. Undo the 2 screws (torx heads) and pull off the lower section. On the XF, the adjustment switch is a bitch to get the plug out, there's no release tab, just lots of friction. Then wiggle the top section off and out. Refit is the reversal. If you need to move the wheel while the cowl is off, just pop the switch from the lower section and plug it back in, dangling on the wires.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts