Jaguar Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
MY 2012 XF S Portfolio Ultimate Black
1,621 Posts
Something like this will solve the problem:

and that probably cannot be install permanently because it is on foot path. The problem you have is not only the height, he distance from bumper to the wheels is longer than usual. Something like above ramps wheel rise the wheels before bumper meets the ramp. By the time when reaches the ramp you take that off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
SUCCESS!!

Blocks of 4x2 about 15.5cm long wedged between the top wishbone and strut tower. Jack up, insert and lower. Sorted!
20210430_160313.jpg

20210430_161122.jpg
20210430_161607.jpg

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,085 Posts

·
Registered
4,207 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Are you going to drive around like that?
Upper control arm is made of aluminium and more than quarter of car weight is carried by that and the ball joint that is not certainly designed for. The only load it supposed to carry is lateral. I hope the damage is not done already otherwise you going to need tracking.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I am not driving around with that in. Just moving at walking pace a few yards.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Are you going to drive around like that?
Upper control arm is made of aluminium and more than quarter of car weight is carried by that and the ball joint that is not certainly designed for. The only load it supposed to carry is lateral. I hope the damage is not done already otherwise you going to need tracking.

I don't think there will be any issues. It's a sturdy bit of cast aluminum. It'll break before it bends, plus it's being moved about 10ft.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I have bent a few 2 ton jacks lifting my XF. It is an alloy aluminium but the car is heavy as well. Bent upper arm is one reason cars go out of tracking.

·
Super Moderator
29,143 Posts
Not how I would have done it but if it works for you then great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just bought a 2013 Sportbrake. Unfortunately, I cannot get it up my steep driveway, because the front bumper would scrape on the ground.

Is there a way of somehow raising the front just for maneuvering? Could the front be jacked up on the level and something be put in the front suspension that locks it in its extended position? Obviously unsuitable for driving but perfectly OK for walking speed maneuvering. It is just for those times I want it close to the garage for maintenance so that I don't have the bonnet up etc in the road.

The other option is ramps but they would have to be long and cumbersome to overcome the transition between the pavement and my driveway.

Final option is to move house, but I don't want it to come to that.

Thoughts?

Just pack the edge of the driveway to decrease the approach angle to one that allows your Sportbrake to transition over the threshold without scaping. Changing the ride height of a vehicle negatively effects the way it handles. That being said, the standard ride height of your vehicle, just like any other factory default road car, shouldn't be an issue? How sharp is the approach angle of your driveway?

41 - 50 of 50 Posts