Jaguar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
But isn't the car permanently raised with these spacers? Phil
Yep.

There's nothing really available other than expensive adjustable air suspension that will do it. Easiest option is to do something with the driveway. Probably a few hundred quid to have it dug out and levelled.

·
Apostrophe Monitor
7,419 Posts
Yard of sand in the boot ? :unsure:;)

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,085 Posts

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,085 Posts
or not park on the drive....

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Would adding 12mm spring packers make the difference to getting the car on the angled drive though? I'm sort of doubting it if the angle is that severe.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
Would adding 12mm spring packers make the difference to getting the car on the angled drive though? I'm sort of doubting it if the angle is that severe.
Good question, it would also depend on which front bumper it has.

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,085 Posts
Good question, it would also depend on which front bumper it has.
how about getting the " we've been doing a job up the road and we've got 6 tonne of tarmac left" boyes round?

Reactions: PeteA

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Bit too short in length then for most of those options.

Are they both your garages? Have you tried going up diagonally and swinging in?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
My garage is the white door, the neighbours is the black. Yes, I have tried diagonally.

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,085 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,143 Posts
A couple of long ramps from the road to where the car would stop should do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
29,143 Posts
Suddenly remembered that some sports and super cars have a lift system specifically for this purpose. They have a hydraulic lift system, usually for the front, that can raise the front a few inches for steep driveways, speed bumps etc. You can buy aftermarket kits, not cheap mind you.

It’s just a hydraulic pump. The special sauce is the little “puck” that sits inside the system and expands to create the lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,085 Posts
I have just bought a 2013 Sportbrake. Unfortunately, I cannot get it up my steep driveway, because the front bumper would scrape on the ground.

Is there a way of somehow raising the front just for maneuvering? Could the front be jacked up on the level and something be put in the front suspension that locks it in its extended position? Obviously unsuitable for driving but perfectly OK for walking speed maneuvering. It is just for those times I want it close to the garage for maintenance so that I don't have the bonnet up etc in the road.

The other option is ramps but they would have to be long and cumbersome to overcome the transition between the pavement and my driveway.

Final option is to move house, but I don't want it to come to that.

Thoughts?
"It is just for those times I want it close to the garage for maintenance so that I don't have the bonnet up etc in the road"

it's a lot of, what's the term?, faffing about for the occasional lifted bonnet...tbh

·
Registered
20,258 Posts
Save me going through the whole thread; has the option of reversing onto the ramp been mooted?

·
Firm Rampant Member
16,085 Posts
Save me going through the whole thread; has the option of reversing onto the ramp been mooted?
yes.

what stuff goes in your grey bin?

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
There's probably no reason why some scaff boards placed 90 degrees to the driveway might just lift it enough to get it in. It'll be safer than trying to drive them onto the boards lengthways.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts