Jaguar Forum banner

101 - 120 of 197 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,143 Posts
You did very well to get the extended test in the Tesla - a mate wasn't it? Everybody wanted a go at that time. When I had a test drive they let me do the Performance and the SR+ straight afterwards. Back in the days of accompanied test drives!!
Yeah arranged through a friend of a friend essentially, otherwise it would have been 15-20 minutes in a LR+ only. Managed to get 3 hours in a LR+ and an hour in a Performance.

·
Super Moderator
29,833 Posts
The bonnet has been resprayed - which I knew about. But the colour doesn't match properly, so they're sorting it. Also a driver's door rattle I wasn't aware of, and the rear side windows are pulling away at the back slightly.
So nothing major then.....

How does the facelift car compare to yours!

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
So nothing major then.....

How does the facelift car compare to yours!
Quieter. Doesn’t handle as well (bigger tyres I guess - surprisingly). Crappy instrument binnacle (TFT - not analogue).

·
Super Moderator
29,833 Posts
Quieter. Doesn’t handle as well (bigger tyres I guess - surprisingly). Crappy instrument binnacle (TFT - not analogue).
Funny you should say that about the dials, when I got my 6 series with a digital dash, I loved it, then with the E Class and now the M5C also having a digital dash, it’s a treat to drive a car with analogue dials 😁

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Funny you should say that about the dials, when I got my 6 series with a digital dash, I loved it, then with the E Class and now the M5C also having a digital dash, it’s a treat to drive a car with analogue dials 😁
It is the best one I’ve seen I must admit. I just prefer a decent analogue dial. Just has no depth to it.

·
Super Moderator
29,833 Posts
It is the best one I’ve seen I must admit. I just prefer a decent analogue dial. Just has no depth to it.
Love to see a needle spin round the gauge, even my bike has a digi dash, it’s just not the same 🙄

EAB18188-1DFE-41AD-9C4B-199E4E6FA896.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
29,833 Posts
Proper old school dash on the TVR 😍

71847716-40D9-479B-9122-3FE16DDC4912.jpeg

·
Registered
20,258 Posts
The TFT screen in the XJ looks analogue. People are surprised it's a screen . . .

Reactions: Ianf and dhallworth

·
Administrator
29,132 Posts
Funny - I quite like the digital instruments. Had them on the RRS.

·
Super Moderator
29,833 Posts
The blue horizon overlay is a bit of a giveaway though, don't you think? :D
You can configure it how you like, the biggest giveaway is the obvious flat panel that incorporates two 12.3” screens

·
Super Moderator
29,833 Posts
Funny - I quite like the digital instruments. Had them on the RRS.
But after a while, it’s nice to go back, my first digital dash was in 2014 when I had my 6 series

·
Administrator
29,132 Posts
TBH, having driven so many cars in my life, I don't worry much about what is on the dash. I mean, today I was out in my totally analogue Stag! (which sounded great at high revs, now that I can use them with the new timing chains).

Reactions: Statler

·
Super Moderator
29,833 Posts
TBH, having driven so many cars in my life, I don't worry much about what is on the dash. I mean, today I was out in my totally analogue Stag! (which sounded great at high revs, now that I can use them with the new timing chains).
Ooh, does she have a bark at 7k rpm?

·
Administrator
29,132 Posts
Actually, it is redlined at 6500. Not bad for its age. That's OHCs for you I guess.

·
Super Moderator
29,833 Posts
Actually, it is redlined at 6500. Not bad for its age. That's OHCs for you I guess.
Ahead of its time when released

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Looks like another week in the banana FTR. Tank filled for a serious driveabout tomoz.

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
8 hours in the F-Type today down to the south coast. Lovely trip and a tank gone 😂

Just priced it up though :oops:

Think I might win the ‘most expensive courtesy car’ competition :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
29,833 Posts
8 hours in the F-Type today down to the south coast. Lovely trip and a tank gone 😂

Just priced it up though :oops:

Think I might win the ‘most expensive courtesy car’ competition :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 186017
Keep it, perfect colour 😁

Reactions: ChrisSB
101 - 120 of 197 Posts